Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gopro

thealy

Sweet Shawn! I like the camo duct tape!

I ordered the outdoor package yesterday from Bakes. Using the Crew discount seems like the best deal around.

I'm running a marathon next weekend, so it will get it's first use! I'm going to try to record the race...depending on weight, I wonder if I could mount it to my shoeCrazy.gif?

• 4 months later...

It'll take quite a bit of punishment. Well so far... it hasn't broken or fallen off yet.

I found this guy's ski mount vid:

He must have an earlier version or he needs some guidance about how to encode his video, because it looks awful, but you get the idea about where it's mounted on his ski.

Also here's a fuller clip of my mount. It's long and boring, but at about 1:57 you can see what happens when you let go of the handle @ wakeboard speeds.

Shawn,

What software are you using to edit this clip? Is it Final Cut?

Cheers-

Shawn

Awesome, I like how you closed it! Was it all with a GoPro?

Yes it was all done with gopro...it was our first day playing with them for slalom purposes. We've since captured alot more footage of some killer angles of not only slalom but will have some spanking the 6' ramp going 200':)

gopro-ropemount.jpg

Watch a video I shot with multiple views of skiing using a GoPro. One view s from a GoPro rope mount I put together based on this message board thread. Thanks for all the tips.

Edited by greymac

gopro-ropemount.jpg

Watch a video I shot with multiple views of skiing using a GoPro. One view s from a GoPro rope mount I put together based on this message board thread. Thanks for all the tips.

Great clip, did you use just the one camera and put the clip together from different camera positions on seperate runs?

Water looks great although it also looks pretty cold, where was it shot?

• 5 months later...

Timmo - I did use one camera from different angles. The lake is in the Pacific Northwest, just a few miles from the ocean. It was middle of July and the marine layer was thick in the mornings.

• 2 weeks later...

or you can use a chest mount/strap as I did in this GoPro video...

This was our 1st time using it in the water...next year (2013) we plan on getting much better at the shots and views...but you get the idea of the chest mount/views here...

as I go underneath of the Bridge there is cool view of a tumble turn...

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • 7 months later...

I have one that rides on the rope.. working out some of the stability to get better video but so far its working pretty sweet..

Check out april barefooting behind the setup about 10' in front of her.

I have one that rides on the rope.. working out some of the stability to get better video but so far its working pretty sweet..

Check out april barefooting behind the setup about 10' in front of her.

Excellent video Views

You need to post those barefoot videos of April over on the "POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE" Thread here in the watersports section...

Also, do you have any pictures of how you mounted the camera and what keeps it upright?

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • 1 month later...

Here is a little more on the mount I have learned a few things and think I can tune it up some more just looking for feedback and support from the community and I can put something together..

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1991581987/gopro-waterskiing-and-wakeboarding-rope-mount

You can see the design in the videos.. perk is no one feels it on the rope so it really doesn't change the way you ride.. It does change the pickup just a little bit but I actually like the pickup more with the mount on the rope.. hit me up if you want to know more.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...