Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How 'bout this?

Beau

that's me many weekends in the summer. :cry:

There is a difference between when our friends CAN'T make it, vs they don't WANT to go. :)

I do like the piece from the thesis, sounds like me talking. I feel most bad for my son, while all other kids are learning they can do whatever they like with no consequences, he'll be answering for the choices he makes. (Of course I say I feel bad sarcastically)

how do you define Gen X and the whatever the gen before X is called?

Just trying to figure out where I belong.

These are approxiamte as there is no hard data on any of these theories...but most of the leading sociologists agree to the general layouts of generations:

Baby Boomers: those born approx 1945-1965

Gen X: 1965-1977

Gen Y: 1977-2000

Millenials: 2000-present

Generational Theory: Each generation is defined by the events which they live thru and experience, and so as a group, often share shared traits and beliefs---> schemas. For example, Gen Y is defined by the 1980s trend of moms now at work, overcompensating in material items and $ for their lack of attention... in comparison to what they receieved as children in the 60-70s when moms were at home.

Millenials are defined by events such as 9/11...but vasty shaped by digital media, the internent... and #1 social media..... such as TMC, Youtube and Facebook.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will send you what I did mapping and modeling each generation.

I was thinking that we taught people of generation Y that self esteem is possible no matter what a dork you are. We taught them that you are still a good person even if you do bad things. The guy in the video is not a stupid person, he just did a stupid thing. :biggrin:

Reminds me of the T-shirt slogan that says: Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you are a (insert expletive here).

Pause the video right at 36 seconds as he is panning the camera around. In the top left corner of the mirror you can clearly see the forehead and brown hair of a someone who is hiding behind the guy holding the camera. If you watch how he pans the camera around it would be pretty easy for somebody to be staying just out of view, and then crouch in the footwell area when he gets on his board.

15456547_large.jpg?v=1

Pause the video right at 36 seconds as he is panning the camera around. In the top left corner of the mirror you can clearly see the forehead and brown hair of a someone who is hiding behind the guy holding the camera. If you watch how he pans the camera around it would be pretty easy for somebody to be staying just out of view, and then crouch in the footwell area when he gets on his board.

15456547_large.jpg?v=1

I think you win the CSI award of the day!

15456547_large.jpg?v=1

Great catch! He aslo says..."see how WE do this"

post-23-003924300 1323890386_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure my generation (X) gets to take the credit for sagging. Widely prevalent in the early 90s.

But much of these complaints smack of "grumpy-old-manism." We raised the kids (or your kids did), so if you are finding fault with the young wippersnappers, look in the mirror.

I expect greatness from my GenY kids and they expect it from themselves too. They work much harder at everything than I did as a child of 80s suburbia. Are there kids who watch too much TV, play too many video games, and don't work hard enough at what matters in the world? Heck yeah. But there were when I was a kid too.

I'm on a board for a non-profit that was started by GenY'ers who saw a need. Five years later, it's thriving. The hardest working bunch of inked up skinny jeans wearing fixie riders you'll ever meet. Check 'em out: http://www.renobikeproject.com/

15456547_large.jpg?v=1

Pretty sure that's just him in the mirror. Same shirt, hair, etc.

Steve B.

Pretty sure my generation (X) gets to take the credit for sagging. Widely prevalent in the early 90s.

But much of these complaints smack of "grumpy-old-manism." We raised the kids (or your kids did), so if you are finding fault with the young wippersnappers, look in the mirror.

I expect greatness from my GenY kids and they expect it from themselves too. They work much harder at everything than I did as a child of 80s suburbia. Are there kids who watch too much TV, play too many video games, and don't work hard enough at what matters in the world? Heck yeah. But there were when I was a kid too.

I'm on a board for a non-profit that was started by GenY'ers who saw a need. Five years later, it's thriving. The hardest working bunch of inked up skinny jeans wearing fixie riders you'll ever meet. Check 'em out: http://www.renobikeproject.com/

Its a right of passage into old age.....to complain about the next generation. As a 16 year teacher I have seen first hand some really really good students and then there is those that just haven't figured it out yet.

Dumb is dumb. And the guy in that video is dumb even if he has a standby driver. This has nothing to do with age OR generation. Heck my Dad's generation thought it was ok to drink and drive (remember hearing, "I drive better when I'm drunk") Also remarkably this is the generation that thought smoking wasn't bad for you and even could "open up" your resperatory system. The generation that followed (my mothers) even knew smoking would kill you and did it anyway BECAUSE it could kill you.

There is a difference between when our friends CAN'T make it, vs they don't WANT to go. :)

i wish. i guess that's the bad part about living within such close proximity to the beaches. plus, most people my age are so damned concerned with being seen somewhere, it's sickening. it pisses me off to no end.

"go to the lake sunday."

"uhhh, i think i have some stuff to do."

"like what?"

"uhhh, not sure. i gotta see what's going on."

WHAT THE EFF ELSE COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN SITTING ON A BOAT IN 80* WATER WITH A COLD BEER IN HAND? YOU'RE NOT MARRIED, YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE WORK TOMORROW. REALLY, COME ON.

needless to say, i don't invite any of those people that decline for stupid reasons again. it has made my pool of potential boaters much smaller, but the people that do go out are very appreciative, help out, and understand the work involved, thus making the crew much better.

Pretty sure that's just him in the mirror. Same shirt, hair, etc.

Steve B.

LOL. Look BEHIND the guy who is holding the camera and wearing the grey/black shirt in the mirror. Over his left shoulder, where the big red arrow is pointing. :biggrin: Unless he has some sort of strange appendage growing out of his back, that is the forehead and hair of another person crouching down behind him.

Edited by Brett B

LOL. Look BEHIND the guy who is holding the camera and wearing the grey/black shirt in the mirror. Over his left shoulder, where the big red arrow is pointing. :biggrin: Unless he has some sort of strange appendage growing out of his back, that is the forehead and hair of another person crouching down behind him.

I've watched 20 times and still cna't see what you're referring to...The other "anomaly" appears to me to be the camera support

I've watched 20 times and still cna't see what you're referring to...The other "anomaly" appears to me to be the camera support

That's because you aren't going to see it by just letting the video play, you have to pause it at the right moment, which is why I attached a screen shot. Here are screen shots in chronological order as he pans the camera around. What else do you think this is that appears behind the camera man and then dips out of the picture so quickly?

Shot 1, no forehead:

15458623_large.jpg?v=1

Shot 2, forehead (big red circle):

15458624_large.jpg?v=1

Shot 3, no forehead and nothing else behind the camera guy:

15458625_large.jpg?v=1

It's sort of like this video (Not Work Safe!), pause it at just the right time and you get a treat. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4o3QcYv9lk

Edited by Brett B

That's because you aren't going to see it by just letting the video play, you have to pause it at the right moment, which is why I attached a screen shot. Here are screen shots in chronological order as he pans the camera around. What else do you think this is that appears behind the camera man and then dips out of the picture so quickly?

Shot 1, no forehead:

15458623_large.jpg?v=1

Shot 2, forehead (big red circle):

15458624_large.jpg?v=1

Shot 3, no forehead and nothing else behind the camera guy:

15458625_large.jpg?v=1

It's sort of like this video (Not Work Safe!), pause it at just the right time and you get a treat. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4o3QcYv9lk

Stupid boat guy looks like he's havin fun!!