Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ultimate Wakesurf Board Review Thread

shawndoggy

I wish all boards came with a 100% satisfaction guarantee even if you ride it.

Even if it was just a 10% restocking fee after inspector confirms no scuffs or damage, I'd be all for that type of policy.

Even if it was just a 10% restocking fee after inspector confirms no scuffs or damage, I'd be all for that type of policy.

The tough part about it for shops is that no one wants to buy a board that has been ridden for the regular price, even if it looks brand new. That's hard to do when the small surf style brands have basically no margin in their boards. And when it comes to shipping, surfboards almost never make it back from a customer without a little damage. They usually dont pack it as well. That was my experience when I managed a shop for years.

But I think it is realistic for shops to have a couple demo boards. The most popular size of their best sellers or the hot new shape.

I wish all boards came with a 100% satisfaction guarantee even if you ride it.

The dealer pro-shop i deal with has a "Performance Guarantee" meaning they will take the board back and credit towards another board. They offer good pricing, but may not be the lowest on the street or internet. with that in mind I'll pay a little more knowing im a not just throwing a dart.

I went back today and got the correct fin kit. The kit that shipped with the board consists of: (2) 4.4's, (2) 3.6's and (1) 2.3 for the 5th position. Gonna run it as a quad first and see how it goes.

20150817_1438431_zpssgaeojav.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone give me a comparison of the Danielo Diamond, Danielo Hammerhead, and Victoria Factor PCX? Down to my final 3........my dealership close by doesn't do demos (but has some satisfaction guarantee).

Just picked up a 2015 Danielo Pro yesterday! Will report back shortly.

I rode the P5 Hammerhead and it was very fast, responsive and has tons of pop. Definitely my favorite board of the year.

Edited by saxton15

I finally had the chance to ride a Soulcraft, and I was wow'd!!!

I had the chance over the weekend to ride a 4'8" Jetty Squash twinzer, and wow. I couldn't believe how loose and floaty it was. I knew it would be fast, but I wasn't expecting the loose feel that I like. It had Future F4 Carbon fins on it, which may help the looseness of it. It was faster and more loose than both the Sweet Spot and the Ronix Carbon, both of which were setup as twins. I will be seriously considering a Soulcraft now, and probably the Blunt Nose Honu.

I also rode a Ronix Koal Powertail 4'5" twin, and was really unimpressed. It was very stable, so good for beginners and younger riders but slow and boring.

Rode the hell out of my Danielo Pro: Very fast board and extremely precise. It's really responsive, it only takes little movements to get the board to cut in and out. Took a few rides to get used to the responsiveness, but I love it. Compared to the Hammerhead it rides a bit different due to its size, a little looser, but a lot of fun. I managed to get around on a couple 3's but didn't stick any yet.

Rode the hell out of my Danielo Pro: Very fast board and extremely precise. It's really responsive, it only takes little movements to get the board to cut in and out. Took a few rides to get used to the responsiveness, but I love it. Compared to the Hammerhead it rides a bit different due to its size, a little looser, but a lot of fun. I managed to get around on a couple 3's but didn't stick any yet.

Do you prefer the Hammerhead or the Pro?

I prefer the Hammerhead (I rode the 53'), but I really do love my Pro (52'). The lengths make a difference, but I'd highly recommend either board.

I should note that I've been riding generally longer boards this year. Stepping on the Pro has taken some adjustments, but I love the aggressive ride it gives me.

Have you tried either Mitch?

Edited by saxton15

quick service is not a strong suit with soulcraft. You should be thinking about this as a "next season" board, not something you'll ride the rest of this year, at least if you want custom. If wake9 does a polar bear you should try to go too. demos are sometimes available for "cheap" (cheap being a relative term).

• Like 1

Anyone know how to get a response out of soulCraft? Web form submission, email, and voicemail have been sent over the last week and a half.

They are making it hard to give them my $

Most likely very busy from Surf Expo last week. I think Worlds is coming up soon too. Big surf events are keeping him busy!

• Like 1

quick service is not a strong suit with soulcraft. You should be thinking about this as a "next season" board, not something you'll ride the rest of this year, at least if you want custom. If wake9 does a polar bear you should try to go too. demos are sometimes available for "cheap" (cheap being a relative term).

Its funny with him though. He is such a cool guy that when I deal with him I expect things to take awhile and I don't hold it against him. When you talk to him you feel like your talking to an old friend, but one you've never met.

• Like 3

The best skim to me has been the Danielo Phase 5.

But recently got a chance to ride the new Keenan Pro Skim by IS.

Its a verl lightweight carbon fiber that spins with ease and rides much more stable than most other high end skims

Its funny with him though. He is such a cool guy that when I deal with him I expect things to take awhile and I don't hold it against him. When you talk to him you feel like your talking to an old friend, but one you've never met.

^^^^ TOTALLY. Leave the craft to the craftsman (just plan way ahead with your expectations). The wait is worth it IME.

• Like 1

FIGURED, not trying to ride it this season, but at least get the ball rolling

And.... Ankle sprains take forever to heal. I'd almost rather break a bone. In fact I had a fractured tibia and ankle sprain one time..... Guess which healed first with zero problems. The ankle still pops for some reason.

Sorry again man.

And.... Ankle sprains take forever to heal. I'd almost rather break a bone. In fact I had a fractured tibia and ankle sprain one time..... Guess which healed first with zero problems. The ankle still pops for some reason.

Sorry again man

It's my Knee , MCL , Its swol up pretty good still, plenty of ibuprofin, and Ice 2x per day.

Where is DocPhil when i need him.............

I may have missed it but has anyone here been on the zombie 4'9"? I rode kevin's the other day and really liked the board. I'm probably going to be buying one next spring, was curious if anyone else rides this board?

I may have missed it but has anyone here been on the zombie 4'9"? I rode kevin's the other day and really liked the board. I'm probably going to be buying one next spring, was curious if anyone else rides this board?

Which shape, the pro or hybrid? I have ridden both and I love them. The Pro (with Black Stix F4s and TMF-1s) is my favorite surf style shape I have ridden. It is effortless to get in the air and it charges.

Edited by wakemitch