Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ First impressions

Fman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thtrog

• saidainc

• jrad12381

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Very NIce! Congrats saidainc! :rockon:

thanks mang you too. what kind of speakers did you decide on? I didnt opt initially for the horn speakers and now regret it because they would match the gelcoat

Dealer here in the NW is asking 93k for them. Had all the "popular" options.

I can tell you that the dealers have a lot more wiggle room than that in the price. My local dealer in Cali can get me in one nicely equped for almost 20k less. So if your in the market for one there is lots of negotiation room.

I can tell you that the dealers have a lot more wiggle room than that in the price. My local dealer in Cali can get me in one nicely equped for almost 20k less. So if your in the market for one there is lots of negotiation room.

I got mine with everything except the trailer and engine upgrade and underwater lights for 75k

brave man.....not sure I will let my daughters boy friend drive.........

Thanks, I won't choke you with pictures...but I did get one of the stock wakeboard and surf wake. Just me and the stock 250 tank in the back. The next one it my son's girfriend driving, I didn't get much of the wake. :whistle:

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

best color combo i saw with that black and blue, nice man. Anyone know if that anchor bay is large enough to put the small box anchor into it? I mean it folds up and everything but it's still kind of "big". Would be totally awesome if the box anchor fit in there.

I know they do, but our dealer is not one to give up the farm that easy. They know they have a captive market but only a limited amount of buyers due to the weather (short season) so they will ask much higher and hold out for that number. At a recent event here that 93k price for the MKZ was 5-8K higher than a 23LSV. IMO they should be priced the same or the MKZ a bit less.

Edited by JTech

I demoed an mxz today. It's definitely an impressive boat. It handles very well and everything is incredibly smooth. The wake from the factory ballast is good but it's definitel wider than my 05 vlx. I ride with 3200 lbs in my vlx and I can see this wake being a monster with that type of wake. Also the auto wedge is awesome when it comes to helping the boat get up to speed.

Beautiful boat! Love the black and blue color scheme, you definitely will be one to get out and use it! Enjoy her! and congratulations!

Glad to see Malibu added the keyed backup ignition, this is one retrofit I am planning on adding to my 2011 VLX this winter.

Let us know how the GPS speed control works, I was out on a Supreme last summer with GPS speed control and we kept loosing the signal and the boat speed was all over the place at times. Hopefully was just a fluke thing, will be interesting to see how it works for you throughout the season. I am just wondering if this is another electronic component to fail or have issues.

best color combo i saw with that black and blue, nice man. Anyone know if that anchor bay is large enough to put the small box anchor into it? I mean it folds up and everything but it's still kind of "big". Would be totally awesome if the box anchor fit in there.

I think the small box anchor will fit...I have one, but have not tried it and need to see for sure.

Beautiful boat! Love the black and blue color scheme, you definitely will be one to get out and use it! Enjoy her! and congratulations!

Glad to see Malibu added the keyed backup ignition, this is one retrofit I am planning on adding to my 2011 VLX this winter.

Let us know how the GPS speed control works, I was out on a Supreme last summer with GPS speed control and we kept loosing the signal and the boat speed was all over the place at times. Hopefully was just a fluke thing, will be interesting to see how it works for you throughout the season. I am just wondering if this is another electronic component to fail or have issues.

Thanks for all the compliments from everyone! We're been lucky with mild weather and are still running the boat, upper 60's yesterday so we were out there. The more I'm in it the more pleased I am with the overall design of the boat. When I was in FL I'll have to admit and noted in another thread I was concerned about the engine noise. That said, it must have been an early build and now it's super quiet. There is no gap at all between the rear seat and the engine compartment. The full fiberglass build makes the boat feel really solid and super quiet through the chop. All the seats in the main cabin fit great, they seem to snap in place for lack of a better term.

If anyone is ordering a new '12 in any model I can't say enough good things about the MIFI 6 GPS speed control. I've run it without ballast, factory ballast, extra ballast, and the wedge in all positions...this system is rock solid. It is so accurate you forget the speed control is engaged, no surging whatsoever and holds speed within 1 or 2 tenths. My understanding it was a venture by Malibu with Indmar, GM, and Medallian. You can see a video showing it on Indmars Facebook page about skiing and wakeboarding. My boat does not have the pull-up software installed, so we'll test that at a later date.

Hi Guys!

I am the local dealer here in the Northwest.......Seattle area. I have two to run and if anybody is thinking about an upgrade just let me know and I will throw one in the water to demo! I am always willing to pull someone.

Oh.......and we aren't going to kill you on price.......My goal is to get you a great boat at a fair price.

Let's get one on the water.........bring your drysuits!

Very possible we will if a new Wake the World start up your way. We are not that far from and would be glad to give you a pull on Tuckertown. :rockon:

That wouldn't be fair to all the poor kids if i hog all the pulls... :rofl: Either way i hope you guys can make it down sometime this summer!

From my information, this boat can be bought fairly equipped for around $80K

If anyone is ordering a new '12 in any model I can't say enough good things about the MIFI 6 GPS speed control. I've run it without ballast, factory ballast, extra ballast, and the wedge in all positions...this system is rock solid. It is so accurate you forget the speed control is engaged, no surging whatsoever and holds speed within 1 or 2 tenths. My understanding it was a venture by Malibu with Indmar, GM, and Medallian. You can see a video showing it on Indmars Facebook page about skiing and wakeboarding. My boat does not have the pull-up software installed, so we'll test that at a later date.

Not sure that this feature is a Malibu exclusive, but it does require the Malivue style driver interface (I think Medallion makes that display?). I know the guys that developed the system, it really is sweet. The auto pull-up feature is especially cool. Similar to what I understood the old Accuski speed control system could do, this system will learn any pullup you want, and repeat it over and over again. You can actually store multiple launch profiles, up to 20 different profiles IIRC. So every rider in the boat can have their own profile, and different profiles for the different disciplines. It is friggin' awesome. I used to think of PerfectPass as a marriage saver, but in retrospect, it is a best a partial solution. This new speed control is waaaayyyyy more complete. Almost enough to make me think about a new boat... ;)

Thread hi Jack. Does anyone have information on the black chrome wheels shown above?

I do :) , they are made by Vision Wheels - it's their Warrior wheel in black chrome called Phantom. They are not shown on Vision's website, so they may be a special order. If you go on Facebook and LIKE the page of Boatmate Trailers you can see their wheel selection for 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

I do :) , they are made by Vision Wheels - it's their Warrior wheel in black chrome called Phantom. They are not shown on Vision's website, so they may be a special order. If you go on Facebook and LIKE the page of Boatmate Trailers you can see their wheel selection for 2012.

Any updates on your boat? Hows the stereo coming?

Any updates on your boat? Hows the stereo coming?

It's in process, member MLA has the boat and I'll have pics to share later. I had the factory to leave all in-boat speakers out some were 8" openings. It will have Kicker in-boats, towers, and sub...all driven by IX amps. Mike is also installing independent ballast puppies for twin 750's in the rear. The new Kicker grills are charcoal this year and look sharp!