Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1989 Sunsetter Rehab

Scott N

• 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...

Hello everyone so I just picked up an 89 Malibu sunsetter and everything is pretty good. My question is what’s the pump for under the passenger seat. I’ve followed one hose to the block and the other hose is just laying there. What does it do and where should the second hose connect too. Here’s my email address [email protected] plz email with any info that can help. It would be very much appreciated. Can send pics of it in email it won’t let me post it on here. 

It sounds like an aftermarket add from your description.  What did the former owner use the boat for?  If a hard core skier, the pump was probably used for a heater (hose to pump, pump to heater core, heater core back to raw water inlet) or (and popular years ago) the pump is used for a hot water shower.  A more likely scenario if wake sports were the preferred sport, the pump was used to fill a ballast bag.  The water source (hot or cold) can be a clue for what it was used for.