Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is this called?

BlknYlwT22

T4T 1N4 I have a friend who had an incident surfing behind their response this summer. Scared them bad and they are looking for FAE.

Trent

What exactly happened? As far as a price I will have to get back to you. I am not sure our particular unit works with the wedge or not. At the same time I am not sure of the weight of it to get a good estimate for shipping.

One of the kids got carbon monoxide poisoning. They had been surfing and playing for quite a few hours and she started convulsing and had a severe headache for a full day. They spent the evening at the local hospital for observation. They haven't surfed since. Scary stuff!

I just installed one on Saturday and am looking forward to testing this coming weekend. I have the 320 non CAT engine so the safer the better for me & family.

Also looking forward to less exhaust noise.

post-11172-045461500 1318810728_thumb.jp

With a wedge you have to leave the wedge down at all times with the FAE. So if you don't drive the boat far I don't see an issue with it.

that is not correct. It depends on which mode you buy. I have the one for the power wedge and I can use the wedge just like normal.

With a wedge you have to leave the wedge down at all times with the FAE. So if you don't drive the boat far I don't see an issue with it.

Mine is mounted with my power wedge and doesn't interfere at all. I've never had a problem with the 2 co-existing.

One of the kids got carbon monoxide poisoning. They had been surfing and playing for quite a few hours and she started convulsing and had a severe headache for a full day. They spent the evening at the local hospital for observation. They haven't surfed since. Scary stuff!

That is definitely scary. I will get back to you after the weekend. I am headed to the lake house to pull the pier out and the boat is in the garage down there. I will be able to mock up the FAE to see if it can be used with the wedge or not and get back to you on a price.

Mine is mounted with my power wedge and doesn't interfere at all. I've never had a problem with the 2 co-existing.

How much quieter is it? With us having a manual wedge I think they wedge either has to down or off.

That is definitely scary. I will get back to you after the weekend. I am headed to the lake house to pull the pier out and the boat is in the garage down there. I will be able to mock up the FAE to see if it can be used with the wedge or not and get back to you on a price.

How much quieter is it? With us having a manual wedge I think they wedge either has to down or off.

Not as quiet as an IO, but the first time I fired it up I checked 3 times to make sure it was running.

Give the guy at FAE a call, he can provide guidance on using the wedge or not. I think it depends on how you mount it and the platform you have (you can mount to a teak platform directly)

Dave