Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterization (wrong method)

NID (Nevada Irrigation District) will stop lowering the lake in a few weeks. Then the once the rains start, the lake will start to fill, happens fairly quickly. Should just pop out of the mud and float. Although, last year it stuck for a while and was flooding over the back corner through the cover.

He can't put a lift in, NID won't allow lifts. Its a small lake, they made everyone change their docks out a couple of years ago, that was fun.

Technically he doesn't have access to our launch. there is a foot drop from the pad to his side of the beachy area, but from his driveway, he has a straight sandy shot into the water.

There's no excuse to treat things like this. I don't really care how rich you are.

I am really shocked on how poorly some people treat their equipment. I was in the bu dealership near me and there was a very expensive Malibu wakesetter, only a couple years old and this thing was trashed. Vinyl was all worn, torn, moldy, and dirty, gel coat was all chipped up, dock rash all over it, hull was all skuzzy and covered with scale and alge, looked as if it sat in a skunky lake without a cover for a couple years. Unreal. I work too hard for what I have and can't replace it for lack of care. Heck I'll probably wax through my gel-coat! :biggrin:

I love my BU!! It's ten years old and I won't let anyone wear shoes in it, it always gets stored on a covered lift, and it gets wiped down every night.

NID (Nevada Irrigation District) will stop lowering the lake in a few weeks...

L2R - What lake is that? Rollins? Combie?

I'm on Wildwood. We will start drawing our lake down tomorrow for maintanence / silt dredging,....etc. But it's the HOA that draws it down not NID. Just curious. We'll be skiing Englebright until Wildwood comes back up. Ping me if you want to take a slalom or barefoot run. :biggrin:

You make a good point.

When you work hard to earn something to tend to take care of it. If you are wealthy or someone have something that is relatively of little effort or value to you, you neglect.

You make a good point.

When you work hard to earn something to tend to take care of it. If you are wealthy or someone have something that is relatively of little effort or value to you, you neglect.

I don't know if this is really true.... I know people with money that take excellent care of their stuff.... I think it has more to do with laziness and stupidity, than having too much money to care.

I don't know if this is really true.... I know people with money that take excellent care of their stuff.... I think it has more to do with laziness and stupidity, than having too much money to care.

I think it's called inheritance.