Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Surf Boards

srud

Nice wake!!!

I haven't really tried to weight mine for wakesurfing yet. I went behind a friend's Wakesetter VLX in the past.

I'll have to ask her what she could get to take. One of the other perks she gets is to choose a setup to 'demo' for the season. She hasn't decided yet what she is going to use. If I remember correctly, someone else talked about bringing some wakesurf boards to demo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chathamsolutions

• Brad B

• SacRiverRat

• stewart

We are currently carrying these boards on the boat.

Put surfboard racks on the side bat racks and added skylon racks to the top of the swoop tower.

HL 5'6" Landlock (first year they came out)

HL 6'2" Landlock 2005

HL 4'8" Broadcast (added front fin removed rear side fins)

trickboardz medium (the wooden one)

Phaze5 Icon

Clyde Beatty Jr 6' twin fin

We'll each ride 2 or 3 different boards when we go out - whatever suits our fancy on the fly.

Our 7' Clyde Beatty and the old "red one" were stolen from our slip last winter along with our wakeboards.

Haven't replaced the wakeboards yet so we just keep surfing.

Our 7' Clyde Beatty and the old "red one" were stolen from our slip last winter along with our wakeboards.

Haven't replaced the wakeboards yet so we just keep surfing.

First it's the drugs and then it's the boards. Man, you are a crime magnet!

Surfing is fun, It seems we spent the first 1/2 of the summer mostly surfing and then realized that the summer had almost passed without wakeboarding.

I too like the Broadcast. We had the 03 Landlock, so I can't speak of the new one.

I currently have the Inland surfer green room, which is o.k., kinda squirrly.

My wife got the red one from Inland surfer and it is great for a smaller person.

In my boat, it seems everyone likes the Broadcast the best

I've not seen anyone mention the LF Skimskate. I was thinking about this board (mainly because it's pretty cheap, AND I'm a beginner). Has anyone ridden this board and what do you think about it for a beginner?

chatham - they took all the beer from the fridge too but since it was off season all they got was some PBR from 2002 :)

sacriverrat- I'll take some pics this weekend

chatham - they took all the beer from the fridge too but since it was off season all they got was some PBR from 2002 :)

sacriverrat- I'll take some pics this weekend

Brad

is the lake you hang out at on the outskirts of Dallas last year when we flew in and out I saw a huge lake with a lot of covered slips like those in you old MBO gallery

I've not seen anyone mention the LF Skimskate.  I was thinking about this board (mainly because it's pretty cheap, AND I'm a beginner).  Has anyone ridden this board and what do you think about it for a beginner?

Oops! I actually have this board as well. It is good, you can do surface tricks etc., we just haven't got that good. Broadcast is better for surfing, IMHO.

LS-uno

Ray Roberts is just north of Denton.

Its one of the largest lakes around here at 29,000 acres.

But we only have 1 marina with 9 boathouses - that makes for a low boat population on a nice large deep lake.

You may have seen Lake Lewisville - they have several marinas

I learned how to wakesurf with Pete last week. I used Andy's 4'8" broadcast, I think my VLX may have been a little underweight. But, I have a brand new 5'6" broadcast that I will be using very soon.

We should have some fun at Sac's place on the 14th and even more fun at McClure.

Anyone going out this Friday (which is the last day before the crappy weather comes in)???

Joe

I tried to do tandem with my daughter (she's a bit bigger than your son Troy) and we couldn't get pulled up.

Took us a couple of trys - including this one where his feet slipped off the board, and he was dragging through the water between my legs

post-80-1114643006_thumb.jpg

I think it is a lot easier on skis than a board.

The surfing was much easier than I thought it would be, and compared to skiis, the speed is MUCH slower which makes a significant differece for the little ones. Falls and failed attempts should be much less dramatic Yes.gif

Brad, thanks for posting that vid- that was great!