Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So Now What?

WoodyBC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• Sixball

• -BS-

• WoodyBC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot one...fly kites out on the frozen lake. That's pretty fun with the kids. Walking along, in between guys fishing. Sam's Club has really big, cool ones.

Ride quads in the fall, snowmobiles in the winter, motorcycle in the spring, play (over 40) basketball all three off seasons, and work some overtime (if available), to make up for taking summers off.

Hiking in the spring & fall. Snowboarding in the winter & spring. A little cross country skiing here and there.....it's actually a lot of fun. Tons of gym time....... Oh, and a ridiculous amount of college football. :thumbup:

ever been snowshoeing? I have been a few times....need to do more.

Hockey! Add another night or 2 a week to the schedule and set up the rink in the front yard. Apparently it's a lot of work, but I never really thought about it. A ton of fun right out the door.

Oh, and watch the Bruins defend The Cup.

That would be so awesome. We get to walk on top of our lake, drill little holes in it, sit on buckets, and drop our lures in hoping to catch some fish...... :crazy:

I can't even understand this...I seen it on TV once!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

we'll keep it going for as long as I can muster a crew or ice, then it's on to the home improvement chores that I neglected over the summer and hitting up the gym more and working my racquetball game. probably won't winterize in case we get that rare sunny day that we can't pass up- one of the perks of a heated garage - also thinking of making some stereo upgrades over the "cooler" part of the season..

Crossfit, indoor boulder park, skiing (was snowboaridng last year but meh, gonna try skiing).

I've got a swap coming up, have to pull my RB20 out of my R32 Skyline and drop a LS1 in! That's going to be fun.

Crossfit, indoor boulder park, skiing (was snowboaridng last year but meh, gonna try skiing).

I've got a swap coming up, have to pull my RB20 out of my R32 Skyline and drop a LS1 in! That's going to be fun.

Hey nice my unit does crossfit as well (unfortunately its usually with kit or NBC suits on in the southern deserts of Helmand Province). I do love the results though.

Two things I do in the off season:

1) Put on a dry suit and ride until ice forms to make the off season shorter.

2) Snowboarding seems to help but it's not the same.

If I had a big enough garage to keep the boat at home I'd be working on it like all winter. Wash and wax, add on little things to make life easier, wash the carpet. Mmm need big garage.

I ride my dirt bike in the desert. I live near a little isolated territory called the Arizona strip. It is in northwestern arizona and is isolated from the rest of Arizona due to this little split in the dirt called the grand canyon. No one lives there, no one wants to live there and so far even the enviros haven't been able to put anyone out there to create some restrictions against off road vehicles.

I work on all the projects that I didn't want to do when it was too hot outside. Then complain it is too cold now.

now that is fukkin cool! :rockon:

I wanna see pictures of that project!

Similarly, boat is getting put away, and starting on car projects. Upgrading turbos and other stuffs in my S4, starting this weekend actually.

Winter is my busy time at work so I don't have time for winter sports. Just work and watch college basketball...try and stay in shape.

Looking forward to April when I can do some boat projects. Upgrading all the ballast in the vRide! :)

Edited by rennis

I ride my dirt bike in the desert. I live near a little isolated territory called the Arizona strip. It is in northwestern arizona and is isolated from the rest of Arizona due to this little split in the dirt called the grand canyon. No one lives there, no one wants to live there and so far even the enviros haven't been able to put anyone out there to create some restrictions against off road vehicles.

I work on all the projects that I didn't want to do when it was too hot outside. Then complain it is too cold now.

Beautiful area, I'd really like to visit that region some day. I have a friend that lives in Kanab, she loves it.

I end my boating, boarding, biking and sailing, and pretty much just hit the gym, lifting weights and doing cardio.

It's pretty funny that my best beach "shape" is sometime around March each year, and then it goes down hill from there.

Cool project. I love my ls1 and ls6 cars! Great choice of motor. You will not be disappointed.

MalibuNation

"I work on all the projects that I didn't want to do when it was too hot outside. Then complain it is too cold now."

How true ... in the summer for me it's always a race against the heat and start working as early as possible.

Edit: It can be a race against the skeeters too.

Edited by MalibuNation

- Boat projects - mostly doing a fully automated ballast system (3 reversible pumps), may do some more stereo upgrades. Probably a few other odds and ends as well.

- Install a nice stone backsplash in the kitchen...this will be a decent sized project as I have a lot of wall to cover.

- Maybe, just maybe, get around to putting my Firebird Formula back together. The parts are all purchased and ready to go...my motivation just hasn't been there. Supercharged 383 LT1, heavily worked AFR 210 heads, all forged shortblock, etc...will just need a 2nd in-tank fuel pump, better fuel feed line and a different pulley for mid-700 RWHP on pump gas...at least that is what the build setup is meant to do. But damn there is a lot of work to get it all together.

- Talk about finishing the basement again this year, and probably not do it again. A "nice to do" but we really don't need the additional living space at all.

- Talk about going snow skiing and maybe actually go this year. Go ice skating a couple of times.

- Spend 2 weeks in Newfoundland for Christmas visiting the in-law's.

- Lots of TV shows and movies during the week.