Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Older Malibu Skier info

BLW

On 2/22/2012 at 6:18 PM, maliblu said:

I plan on making more hp later with cam heads and intake or maybe an LS based motor swap, we will see. I have to research the swap, those motors are super common in the salvage yards now and make more than 300hp easy, they have antiquated the old small block.

Just realize it's diminishing returns... you don't want to simply take an automotive engine and swap in.  There are a lot of differences.  Also keep in mind that a direct drive ski boat is not designed for outright speed, the geometry of the prop shaft in relation to the hull is for towing sports.  If your motor is truly tired then swapping in a refreshed 350 is your best bet.  Keep it carb'd nothing wrong with a carb and it keeps things simple.  Don't get me wrong a 383 stroker would probably be nice, but honestly the stock 260hp carb'd magnum in my boat is over 20yrs old and still runs like a top.  Never had any issues except routine maintenance.