Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wish List

StarOneWake

A rack for surf boards to go on the TOP of the tower. I always put my board up there and I wonder how to make a rack that is almost invisible as to not take away from the sleek looks.

:plus1:

Mount a cheap bottle opener under the flip up seat over the cooler. Most people use it as a trash can any ways, empty goes in, cap goes in, and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth and so on and so forth .... :biggrin:

A rack for surf boards to go on the TOP of the tower. I always put my board up there and I wonder how to make a rack that is almost invisible as to not take away from the sleek looks.

I don't drink beer out of a can. This is much cheaper than billet and the plastic container catches the cap.

Just have to remember to empty that catch cup every few hrs. into the trash bin. :whistle:

dash8ballbottleopener.jpg

Pete--don't want to start a war--but please straighten the Malibu emblem in the middle of the wheel. The bottle opener is sweet, but that is where I installed another drink holder because there isn't one for the driver on an SSLXI...

Someone else mentioned it in another thread, and I REALLY liked it: A powered swim transform lift to get it out of the way of the surf wave!

Another idea that I had was some sort of outrigger for your tower to tilt the boat for a better surf wave.

Another surf idea was to have secondary wedges toward the front of the boat - one on either side angled properly. When not deployed, the bottom of the wedge is flush with the hull; deploying just lowers the wedge enough to draw that side of the boat down. Or make it like the powered wedge where you can adjust it up and down; when not deployed, it would hide within a compartment in the hull. Deploying it would open the compartment and lower the wedge. That way, you can adjust your surf wave to your heart's content without overweighting the boat!

As you can tell, I'm an avid wakesurfer! Always looking for an easier & better way than filling ballast.

Someone else mentioned it in another thread, and I REALLY liked it: A powered swim transform lift to get it out of the way of the surf wave!

Another idea that I had was some sort of outrigger for your tower to tilt the boat for a better surf wave.

Another surf idea was to have secondary wedges toward the front of the boat - one on either side angled properly. When not deployed, the bottom of the wedge is flush with the hull; deploying just lowers the wedge enough to draw that side of the boat down. Or make it like the powered wedge where you can adjust it up and down; when not deployed, it would hide within a compartment in the hull. Deploying it would open the compartment and lower the wedge. That way, you can adjust your surf wave to your heart's content without overweighting the boat!

As you can tell, I'm an avid wakesurfer! Always looking for an easier & better way than filling ballast.

My buddies and I have thought about this numerous times. Free up space in the boat without spending tons of money and time on an integrated system. Probably would take less weight to get a similar wave. I wonder what effect 500lbs suspended 3-4' outside the boat would have...?

martinarcher

Pete--don't want to start a war--but please straighten the Malibu emblem in the middle of the wheel. The bottle opener is sweet, but that is where I installed another drink holder because there isn't one for the driver on an SSLXI...

That would drive me nuts! I'm also not a fan of everybody in the boat reaching for my......Whistling.gif.....when they need to open a drink. LOL.gif

Oh man, I'm guilty of a crooked malibu emblem. :blush:

I installed one of these at the driver's right foot.

My buddies and I have thought about this numerous times. Free up space in the boat without spending tons of money and time on an integrated system. Probably would take less weight to get a similar wave. I wonder what effect 500lbs suspended 3-4' outside the boat would have...?

Here's your answer. This is how they roll in TX. Just need a bigger dude out there. Oh, and watch out for that rack.

gallery_5_3_26285.jpg

edit,

Here's your bigger dude.

gallery_5_14_33658.jpg

now,

compare those wakes to this little dude..

gallery_5_14_30275.jpg

edit,

Looks like there's some wake surf racks on top of that tower.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Chris,

You'd be amazed at what they get away w / in TX.

I saw all this first hand at the TX wow in 2006 (I think)

A few pics. that I actually took...

Image032-1.jpg

Image038-1.jpg

I was thinking more of having some type of wedge suspended from the outrigger that would drag that side of the boat down, rather than having weight. It does seem a bit dangerous, though, since the rider would be on that side of the boat, too.

A velcro or zippered cover for the tubes on the G3 tower (the main tube and the rear tube). All you would have to cover is the tubes to keep the bugs off the whole tower. The same material as the speaker sox wouldn't require any backing material.

• 2 weeks later...

The older Tige's had racks on top. the orginal was nothing more than a pad, a piece of webbing and a buckle. They doubled as great "seatbelts" for riding on top of the tower.

I have seen another crew member in the past use soft surboard racks designed for a car roof that mounted under the tower. We are going to look into something like that for above the bimini next year to get the kneeboards off the floor.

I made this cover last week. Velcro ( hook & Loop ) & webbing wraps around the tower for quick connect/disconnect. Also connects to each other to make back stap or carry handle. Keeps the board completely out of the way especially when boat is full of hydrofoils and other gear.

I have seen another crew member in the past use soft surboard racks designed for a car roof that mounted under the tower. We are going to look into something like that for above the bimini next year to get the kneeboards off the floor.

post-11172-068687400 1318897077_thumb.jp

post-11172-054912800 1318897116_thumb.jp

I made this cover last week. Velcro ( hook & Loop ) & webbing wraps around the tower for quick connect/disconnect. Also connects to each other to make back stap or carry handle. Keeps the board completely out of the way especially when boat is full of hydrofoils and other gear.

That is pretty slick. Nice work!