Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dripless shaft seal leaking

Not sure, both shaft seals were replaced under warranty. So far my 2013 is leak free.. I have no clue on what seal they are using on the 2013 models, and if they are different from 2011s.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fman

• fixyourboat

• TallRedRider

• water_junky

The water hose on my 06 response dripless is attached directly at the bottom and is kinked. I found out because the dripless stuffing box was leaking. I assume it should be attached on the side. I'll be working on it this weekend but would like to know if I can just rotate the connection or if it needs to be completely reinstalled. Since the stuffing box is leaking, I'll assume I might need new seals as well. Does anyone know what parts I'll need?

Hit a submerged log a few years ago and the shaft was replaced so maybe that work was done incorrectly.