Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Response TXI

Msteit

Mike, the Lxi was not a good footing boat, you are correct. I have not had a moment to test the wakes on the TXi on my feet yet. At the current rate it may be spring before I do.....

Peter

You already have the bracket it looks like. I wonder if an SSP(Scarpa Suppression Plate) would help?

Here's a pic of the wake I found online.

txi_wake.jpg

Yes it does. :)

But you're going to firm up the wakes by doing that too. I just can't fathom that the txi has a rooster tail of any significance, but ICBW.

But you're going to firm up the wakes by doing that too. I just can't fathom that the txi has a rooster tail of any significance, but ICBW.

I agree. A slalom skier cutting through the wake shouldn't be affected by that little rooster tail.

My Cousin's '08 LXi has a considerable rooster tail, similar to that pic. Even at barefoot lengths of 75-85 feet it's no fun doing any wake crossings, thats for sure. wake crossings. Prior to 2007, the LXi had the Diamond hull which puts out an exceptional wake. Even a Sunsetter LXi with the Diamond hull has a great wake for footing.

From the looks of the pic I found, the TXi's wake looks very similar to the LXi's.

Both boats, however, look to be great for Slalom skiers.

Edited by areamike

I am used to skiing behind the 1998 response LX. I would say though that the TXI would probably have the perfect wake at shorter line lenghts because of the RT being pushed back. The wake itself at 15 off is soft except for the RT which is non-existant on the LX i also ride behind

The problem is you are skiing behind the wrong boat. I happen to have a '98 Response LX that I'd be willing to trade...

Biggrin.gif

• 3 years later...

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread since there was no obvious conclusion and it was a while ago so figured someone might have a fresh idea...... I had a mate skiing behind my 2012 TXi last weekend - He's a MC Prostar owner himself. He was skiing @ 28' off (he skis competitively ) and when I asked him what he thought he said it was great generally but there was a noticeable rooster tail - I can see what he means and its not dissimilar to the picture above....

My prop is the ACME 525 but I'm wondering if its simply a factor of weight - my boat has a power wedge, G3 Tower, 3 Amps, 4 Alpha II cans, Sub, Heater, fat driver and so on (so not an ideal comparison of course) - would that be enough to cause it ?

I notice the bottom of the wedge does tend to 'scrape' the water surface a little but can't imagine it would do anything but flatten it off a little more than anything.....

I don't believe the prop is bent or anything else is wrong based on a pretty crude self assessment....

Edited by Punyelroo

I am skiing at 35 off and I am just behind that rooster that at 36mph.So you will need to get into very short line to get into it. I have skied my boat 07RLXI at 41off

and never thought the rooster was anything. As said if you are cutting and on a good edge you don't feel it.

The 196 we ski has significant prop wash at 35 off but its something you see but not feel. JMHO. I don't know how speeds other then 34 and 36 mph change the feel so what I am saying is from my experience at 36 most of the time and some 34 mph.

As I have always said, I am not turning a ride down behind any of our comp boats. All the wakes differ but are very skiable.

I have seen the rooster or wake made softer or harder with a prop change but not the wake. IMHO

It appears this years TXI has moved the engine forward a couple of inches (supplier change also) and that has improved the wake. No idea or heard any comments on if it affected the rooster tail.

It appears this years TXI has moved the engine forward a couple of inches (supplier change also) and that has improved the wake. No idea or heard any comments on if it affected the rooster tail.

But is that because of the PCM engine more than anything else?

ahopkins22LSV

The new 15 I skied felt just like mine I could not tell the difference. I skied an 11 lxi and mine back to back last weekend. I can tell you for sure that the txi wake is much softer 15-28. We just skied open water. Owner of the lxi agreed as well. Not sure what the question is of this thread because everything thing I've heard from people who ski my boat is the same thing I just explained?

@Punyelroo: Not sure although I heard it was, there have been comments on that change improving an already awesome wake some and improved the tracking. The feedback on the PCM has also been positive, not sure if the feedback has any bias to it or not.

@AhopkinsTXi: The big hull difference in the TXi to the LXi is the reduction in deadrise (at the transom) which was done to improve the wake, particularly at slower speeds and the longer line lengths.

To the original question on rooster tail, if the center tip of the wedge is slightly in the wake, that could create a rooster tail several feet aft of the transom. It would be worth pulling the wedge to verify if it does cause a downstream effect.