Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone with all black boat?

Buschy

MalibuCalender-1.jpgWould not have another.....Color. Absolutely Love Black, Had it for a year and a half now and really if you wipe it down good with the Hot sauce and a couple times give it a quick wax, it will look good as the day I bought it, A black boat never go's out of style, I had the white purple and teal back in 96 All I can say is Dated.... Edited by Wakesetter67

I have a mostly black boat. The entire hull is black with white top sides and a black tower. So it is nice we don't burn ourselves on the black. I really like the all black boats. They look really sharp in the water. Where I boat, we don't have hard water, so I have never had a problem keeping it clean. I wash it when we return after every outing and then dry it with a chamois. Scratches do show up quicker, but you just need to be careful.

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

As you can see, I have the all black truck to match....and it is WAYYYY harder to keep clean than the boat.

I had my first boat for three years. 70% black metallic. No scratches no marks. Waxed twice a year. No harder than any other color to maintain.

Sorry bro, no way... I waxed my boat more than twice a season, but I also put 150+ hours a year on it, sometimes on the water for a week at a time.... it was LOTS of work to keep it up... anyone who says black is not a difficult color to maintain is not being honest, or has never owned a white boat!

Edited by Fman

MalibuCalender-1.jpgWould not have another.....Color. Absolutely Love Black, Had it for a year and a half now and really if you wipe it down good with the Hot sauce and a couple times give it a quick wax, it will look good as the day I bought it, A black boat never go's out of style, I had the white purple and teal back in 96 All I can say is Dated....

Vince, love your boat! But be honest my friend, its just not as easy to take care of as black.. been there, done that. And white, purple and teal! I think that was dated in '96 when you bought it.... Yikes, where is the pic of that boat with your mullett??? :)

• Like 1

I love the looks of black boats & cars but likely will never own another. I had a black race car and it was one of the best looking around, Ya I may be bias. But I had to whir a fire suit and in a black car on black a** fault and the windows could not be rolled down. many days running 80's - 100 degrees. It's HOT!!!! It also was dusty as soon as we took it out of the trailer. Just more work then any other color.

Do like Fman's white with black.

Vince, love your boat! But be honest my friend, its just not as easy to take care of as black.. been there, done that. And white, purple and teal! I think that was dated in '96 when you bought it.... Yikes, where is the pic of that boat with your mullett??? :)

To be honest I really enjoy keeping things nice, You saw that pic of my old Ski Sanger, That was taken right before I sold it 13 years latter and over 850 Hr on Her, No doubt it takes more time with black, But I still find it very easy to maintain under my terms, I'm sure there are not as many people that enjoy detailing Cars Boats etc, so to them it is a lot of work, It's just natural to me..I find it relaxing... sangair011.jpg Edited by Wakesetter67
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought our first black boat. All it has to do is be near the water and it has water spots. We have owned plenty of black vehicles in the past though and will continue to own them. Sure they are a lot of work to maintain but man do they look good and shine with a little elbow grease!

Sorry, just a little post happy today with the new rig.

IMG2012051800303.jpg

• Like 1

We had a boat with a black hull for the last seven years and just got a new boat that is mostly white. If you get black, you must wipe it down as soon as possible. Those spots will bake in in the hot summer sun and they are a major pain to get off. Also, the scratches and rock chips are another big problem. I don't think I would own another black hulled boat again.

We had a boat with a black hull for the last seven years and just got a new boat that is mostly white. If you get black, you must wipe it down as soon as possible. Those spots will bake in in the hot summer sun and they are a major pain to get off. Also, the scratches and rock chips are another big problem. I don't think I would own another black hulled boat again.

Ya I had an 04 with a Black hull, I bought it with a bunch of rock chips that seamed to look worse after I brought it home, I like my 2010 because the front hull is white and hides any rock chips, and the rest is black,

I really enjoyed my black 2011 Axis A22 last year. That being said, it was pretty freaking hard to keep clean. I used Boat Bling hot sauce a ton, and it helped with the water spots, but any type of microscopic scratches show up on a black hull, and require a buff/wax to get out.

I have two small kids, and I found that the black was just too hot for them. I have no problem doing a little upkeep and maintaining my boat, but I couldn't go back to black for '12 with the risk that my 1 year old and 3 year old could burn themselves. When they get a little older, I may get another solid black boat.

I basically went 180 degrees different for '12. What do you think?

12a22c.jpg12a22j.jpg12a22f.jpg

I really enjoyed my black 2011 Axis A22 last year. That being said, it was pretty freaking hard to keep clean. I used Boat Bling hot sauce a ton, and it helped with the water spots, but any type of microscopic scratches show up on a black hull, and require a buff/wax to get out.

I have two small kids, and I found that the black was just too hot for them. I have no problem doing a little upkeep and maintaining my boat, but I couldn't go back to black for '12 with the risk that my 1 year old and 3 year old could burn themselves. When they get a little older, I may get another solid black boat.

I basically went 180 degrees different for '12. What do you think?

12a22c.jpg12a22j.jpg12a22f.jpg

Welcome to the mighty white club! Sweet looking Axis! I like those new wetsound speakers in white, that must sound killer!

To be honest I really enjoy keeping things nice, You saw that pic of my old Ski Sanger, That was taken right before I sold it 13 years latter and over 850 Hr on Her, No doubt it takes more time with black, But I still find it very easy to maintain under my terms, I'm sure there are not as many people that enjoy detailing Cars Boats etc, so to them it is a lot of work, It's just natural to me..I find it relaxing... sangair011.jpg

Think how much more time you would get on the water! Lol, I actually don't mind detailing my boat either, I'm just a little more critical than most with water spots and fine scratches which black tends to show up more easily than lighter colors.

To each is own, I have not seen a malibu yet in any color that did not look Sharp. They do a great job with there gel coat color schemes!

• Like 1