Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Touch Command Problems??

Never tried the Malibu ignition code system. Tried a Nautique, and thought it would be awesome to never have to remember to bring a key, but found it was kind of a pain to keep putting a code in every time I would swing around to pick up a kid and wanted to kill the engine. Seems much simpler to use a key.

135 hours on our LSV 23. No problems with our touch screen. The only time our boat was in the shop was for servicing and winterizing. We are 100% happy with our Malibu.

I had our screen replaced at 62 hours on our 2011 VLX, the boat now has 141 hours on it and it has been flawless. I had two lockup prior to the 62 hour replacement, and Malibu was right on it about shipping a new one out to the dealer.... so far, so good. If I lived in a super cold winter location I would definitely put my boat somewhere warm... imagine leaving your laptop outside all winter and not sustaining any damage in freezing conditions, this will be the same result with the MTC. Computers dont like freezing weather.

My dealer sold 35 Malibu's this season and three of them had issues with the MTC. Apparently Malibu said a bad batch of them was released by Madallion, some people were unfortunate enough to recieve the defective MTC. Looksl ike they have a lot of confidence in them, seeing as the 2012s are still using the MTC.

Edited by Fman

every manufacturer has problems and non more then mastercraft and correct craft! this is my second malibu and my 08 was perfect and the 2011 just had mtc replaced apart from that its perfect !! i got friands with 2011 mastercrafts that are having problems every month and correct craft ...has anyone tried to

order parts for these boats ..your lucky if the factory have any ...

and from all the boat owners i know the malibu owners are the happiest with warranty claims if any .

every boat has its problems.

Guys I feel your pain, dont get me started. Had lots of problems all over this year.

Better not complain on here too much or you'll be labeled one of those "rich guys" who dont care to be bothered with the problems of life. Seriously, yep it happened. Reccomend you focus your comments to asking folks if they've had similiar problems and how they fixed them.

Blagrata, did you buy your boat at that dealer?

No... I actually bought my boat at a dealer in Michigan... but then I moved pretty much right after I got it. I've been really happy with the attention that these other guys have given me on the boat... even though I didn't buy the boat from them. Well... hopefully no one labels me as a "complainer". The boat has been great. The G3 tower, power wedge and overall design are the best out there. We put 100 hours on it this year and it's been a great way to network with other inboard folks... including even Mastercraft and Nautique! (I previously had an I/O and didn't experiences anywhere near the camaraderie).

• 7 months later...

My issue is a little different from all of the above. The touch screen blurrs and goes black with a white vertical line on left side, then other times shows passcode screen then fades completely away to black and gray, then other times just has horizontal lines fading in and out to where you cant even tell what screen your on. I have had to use my key backup start numerous times, no rhyme or reason either, garage stored, i travel approx 40 mins to lake, might happen at 6am unloading in water, might happen middle of the day when hot, and even sometimes as soon as i use key backup to start it and start moving forward in water it magically pops up fine. Ive tried laying a shirt over it to protect from sun during hot part of day, ive unscewed connection cable on back and reconnected to make sure not loose, inspected fuse and all wiring visible under dash. Anyone got any ideas other than taking to dealer and replacing, i mean thats pretty crappy on a 2012 vlx new boat with 20-25 hrs?

My issue is a little different from all of the above. The touch screen blurrs and goes black with a white vertical line on left side, then other times shows passcode screen then fades completely away to black and gray, then other times just has horizontal lines fading in and out to where you cant even tell what screen your on. I have had to use my key backup start numerous times, no rhyme or reason either, garage stored, i travel approx 40 mins to lake, might happen at 6am unloading in water, might happen middle of the day when hot, and even sometimes as soon as i use key backup to start it and start moving forward in water it magically pops up fine. Ive tried laying a shirt over it to protect from sun during hot part of day, ive unscewed connection cable on back and reconnected to make sure not loose, inspected fuse and all wiring visible under dash. Anyone got any ideas other than taking to dealer and replacing, i mean thats pretty crappy on a 2012 vlx new boat with 20-25 hrs?

I wouldn't screw around with anything other than them replacing it. Your boat costs too much to have that not work. After I got my screen replaced a second time it now works flawlessly. Just have them order you a new one. Took my dealer about 3 weeks to get it in.

Only other thought that I had would be battery power... if you're running your house battery down a lot and it has lower voltage the Malivue and stuff doesn't work well.... but I'll bet that's not your issue.

It's a simple fix, swap it out... Takes about 30 mins for your dealer to do it .

Never thought voltage with being new boat/batteries, but that might explain it screwing up first thing in the morning as were backing in water, and after swimming for a while with my wife-radio blastin it seems to normally screw up then too! That could also explain once in drive and rpms pick up the alternator takes over and it magically pops up (sometimes not always). But, it must be a fine line there, cause maliview has never given trouble period, and i would think it would give trouble at same time right? No problem with anything except the mtc, luckily the backup key has been handy, but just sucks that you loose all controls of mtc when happens!

I also always turn battery switch to 1&2 dual use when moving, as soon as i stop to swim i turn switch to 1 or 2 single use. I figured that way always have plenty charge, but still could be one bad battery i guess with all that happening occasionally no warning. Anyone add 3rd battery or has it ever been needed?