Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PICS OF YOUR MALIBU BOAT ON THE WATER!

Fman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahopkins22LSV

• Stevo

• Levi900RR

• Malibuzer

Thanks! Your's looks pretty sweet, too! I will be searching the site for advice... gauges for one, the covers are pretty foggy. Glad I found this place!

Beautiful looking boat Janet! Brings back memories of my old Euro F3.

Quick tip on the foggy gauges. I had the same problem with my F3 and it's an easy fix. You can buy a headlight restoration kit at any autoparts store for about $15. The kit is a series of wet sanding and polishes. Follow the steps to a T and your gauges will look brand new.

Putting up the bimini during a sun shower...

DSC_0042.jpg

I swear my bimini hates me, which is fine because I hate it too. LOL! Seriously, I hate trying to put it away - wrapping the canvas while trying to keep the front frame from falling and trying to squeeze it all into the cover and zip it. What a pain in the butt!

I wish there was some way of having the front piece and back piece to be separate. You could unfold front and secure it, then unfold back and secure it. Putting it all away would be just the opposite and much less fabric to fight.

I do love the size of it when open and mine never flaps or makes any noise.

Edited by bamabonners

I swear my bimini hates me, which is fine because I hate it too. LOL! Seriously, I hate trying to put it away - wrapping the canvas while trying to keep the front frame from falling and trying to squeeze it all into the cover and zip it. What a pain in the butt!

I wish there was some way of having the front piece and back piece to be separate. You could unfold front and secure it, then unfold back and secure it. Putting it all away would be just the opposite and much less fabric to fight.

Im not a big fan of ours either but i find ours pretty simple to put back up. We put the back part down first and then take the front and lay it on the back part so its supported and then wrap it all up and do the zipper and done! Seems to work well. Im always afraid of the metal arms on the front of falling in the drink... Hope this helps maybe! :cheers:

NICE! THANK YOU! Why didn't I ask here years ago? sheesh.

Beautiful looking boat Janet! Brings back memories of my old Euro F3.

Quick tip on the foggy gauges. I had the same problem with my F3 and it's an easy fix. You can buy a headlight restoration kit at any autoparts store for about $15. The kit is a series of wet sanding and polishes. Follow the steps to a T and your gauges will look brand new.

Bullards Bar. It's a reservoir used for power generation. They are dropping it about a foot a day right now. I'd guess it's closer to 50' from the treeline. It sucks when it's that high though because there's crazy debris.

WOW, I was just there about 7 weeks ago and the water level was at the treeline. Ashame they cant seem to keep any lakes full in California for the entire summer, Shasta is draining down as well.

Exactly my thoughts. For what its worth, I stopped putting mine away and just leave it up. I have been trailering my boat from the storage lot to the lake and back with the bimini up and in place. I keep it under 60mph and no problems. just ensure those allen nuts on the front clamps (the ones with the 14" removable bars) are real tight. also keep the rear section high(not in wakesurfing mode) on those adjustable legs so the entire thing is straight line aerodynamic as possible. Not a whole lof of violent action, first few times I watched it realy closely. Big PITA to put up and down in 112 degrees.

WOW, I was just there about 7 weeks ago and the water level was at the treeline. Ashame they cant seem to keep any lakes full in California for the entire summer, Shasta is draining down as well.

well... they didn't build those dams for boats. I actually prefer bullards once it's at least 30' below the treeline so you don't have to worry about debris as much. And it's still way higher than usual for this time of year. You should go again after labor day... it's usually abandoned by then.

Im not a big fan of ours either but i find ours pretty simple to put back up. We put the back part down first and then take the front and lay it on the back part so its supported and then wrap it all up and do the zipper and done! Seems to work well. Im always afraid of the metal arms on the front of falling in the drink... Hope this helps maybe! :cheers:

i had one of the metal arms fall and hit my dash and take a chunk out of the vinyl on the 2nd day I had the boat :rant: The stupid spring activated button in the pole stuck up in the tube and it didn't hold the pole as I put the other side in. Now, both tubes have problems with the spring activated button sticking up in the tube. Dealer has replaced the poles once already.

I patched it temporarily - will take a better crack it come winter. there has to be a better system.....

i had one of the metal arms fall and hit my dash and take a chunk out of the vinyl on the 2nd day I had the boat :rant: The stupid spring activated button in the pole stuck up in the tube and it didn't hold the pole as I put the other side in. Now, both tubes have problems with the spring activated button sticking up in the tube. Dealer has replaced the poles once already.

I patched it temporarily - will take a better crack it come winter. there has to be a better system.....

Im sorry to hear that about the vinyl. Funny thing is our spring activated buttons on ours dont work either...

Ya, if there is anything that I enjoy more than bein on the boat at the river, it is fishin with my son! I wish the river was in Orange, it is actually in Mexico. The Rio Hardy River......paradise on earth :)