Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PICS OF YOUR MALIBU BOAT ON THE WATER!

Fman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahopkins22LSV

• Stevo

• Levi900RR

• Malibuzer

• 1 month later...

Swung done to Lake Havasu yesterday to check on the Bu and run it. Wanted to ski but couldn’t figure out how to since I was by myself. Need a ski rope with helm controls on it. Lol. BBE93F24-03A2-4AE6-A711-F495663F3746.thumb.jpeg.8879096312c72754c8ad62d011f2c1fe.jpegBeautiful day though.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:46 AM, Slayer said:

Awesome!  You're going to have to change your avatar.  

Thoughts on this thing??

insane wave,  feels like a ferrari, super good fit and finish, never had nav before,  i am super stoked about the all hex castano brown (copper/gold in the sun) and black vinyl, all the flake is spectacular but the flat black bottom gel and interior gel is real sexy snd easy to keep up with which is a suprise,  cant wait to use my bimini and  bombshell 2.0 racks which cannot be on boat because of current storage, have to spend $5k to raise my carport from under the gutter to up on the hip of my roof even with tower down,  extreme trailer is nice with logos and runway lights, this thing has gator step on every single flat snd vertical surface in  or on the boat or trailer

my fav is the interior and exterior lighting with all of the LED logos everywhere, may skip rgb this time and just stick to stock white lighting 

and have high hopes for wakeboard wake with just  ramfill and center tanks

thank god for tabs and stinger deployed for rides home to help save some fuel for this big beast 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2

I have heard nothing but amazing things about the ri230 so far. The hex vinyl is very nice and extremely durable, you will love it. The adjustability of the stinger is so useful to get the boat on the proper plane or make small adjustments. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

I have heard nothing but amazing things about the ri230 so far. The hex vinyl is very nice and extremely durable, you will love it. The adjustability of the stinger is so useful to get the boat on the proper plane or make small adjustments. 

i found the stinger more helpful for cruising,  not using it at all to surf

i think the tabs and stinger will work well for wakeboarding , my cruise home wake at 19-20.5 is a perfect beginner wake with no ballast and 100 on each tab and 40 on my stinger

49 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

i found the stinger more helpful for cruising,  not using it at all to surf

i think the tabs and stinger will work well for wakeboarding , my cruise home wake at 19-20.5 is a perfect beginner wake with no ballast and 100 on each tab and 40 on my stinger

Are you meaning running the stinger at 0 or just not adjusting it? At zero would be insanely steep. Generally for a competition on a new Ri we set baseline at 80/80 and adjust from 5 on the centre stinger.

14 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Are you meaning running the stinger at 0 or just not adjusting it? At zero would be insanely steep. Generally for a competition on a new Ri we set baseline at 80/80 and adjust from 5 on the centre stinger.

stinger at zero, goofy tab 70, regular tab 75 , all full except bow pnp 1-4 or 5 cabin passengers , 4 or  5or more  fill bow pnp,  we move 1 bigger person to regular cabin side for regular or same and balanced load for goofy,  really stupid when we move a lot of people to surf side,  

crew of 8 in boat fill all was nuts!!!!!

no lead yet

no not to steep at all but big and long

surfed well with no lead but driver only crew could use some maybe

Edited by granddaddy55

That’s good to hear you have it figured out. I haven’t been on the ri230, might be a bit different then. I have heard it rides great stock, as that’s where the 237 really lacked.

I tend to over ride the ram for the surf side a bit more or drain the non surf side off a few %. 

4 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

That’s good to hear you have it figured out. I haven’t been on the ri230, might be a bit different then. I have heard it rides great stock, as that’s where the 237 really lacked.

I tend to over ride the ram for the surf side a bit more or drain the non surf side off a few %. 

my demo at the surf champs in conroe was a great hope to me that i could have a no lead boat, with one 200+ lb passenger to surf side is all the lead you need in this boat, just go with the even larger bow rise when you don't fill 200 bow pnp,  i use the camera on front view to help with it

this is driver and one passenger to surf side 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1882458648689246/permalink/3091666744435091/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...