Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PICS OF YOUR MALIBU BOAT ON THE WATER!

Fman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahopkins22LSV

• Stevo

• Levi900RR

• Malibuzer

1 hour ago, SCMike said:

Looks beautiful!  I haven’t been out there yet, but heard good things. 

I’d say steer clear of holiday weekends (tubers and jetski’s) and  bring a heater top. Breeze picks up after 11, till about 6.

0EE62870-654B-4A5A-9EF9-8B75FE4D93F2.jpeg

21C0CBFE-0961-4482-9FC0-24D86D9ACB91.jpeg

1 minute ago, Stevo said:

I’d say steer clear of holiday weekends (tubers and jetski’s) and  bring a heater top. Breeze picks up after 11, till about 6.

0EE62870-654B-4A5A-9EF9-8B75FE4D93F2.jpeg

21C0CBFE-0961-4482-9FC0-24D86D9ACB91.jpeg

Holy s*** that’s cold!  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SCMike said:

Holy s*** that’s cold!  

Yeah, didn’t put too many hours on this weekend, kids wanted to play at the beach in the shallow water where it was warmer. 

We only take the boat up there on holiday 3-5 day trips and don’t hold out for great temps or water. We have a place a block from the lake and morning glass and sunset cruises are the closest thing I can get to living on the water in Cali. 

I must say the Lake Tahoe/donner muscle inspection and Fee’s are a complete Cluster F..

Donner used to to the inspections right at the launch, now you show up to launch and it’s a “um yeah you are gonna need to drive 25min over to Alpine Meadows to their inspection station and get a Tag” 

so we do.. all boats with PNP require the decontamination and I was charged $75 for the pleasure (week) 

11 hours ago, Stevo said:

Yeah, didn’t put too many hours on this weekend, kids wanted to play at the beach in the shallow water where it was warmer. 

We only take the boat up there on holiday 3-5 day trips and don’t hold out for great temps or water. We have a place a block from the lake and morning glass and sunset cruises are the closest thing I can get to living on the water in Cali. 

I must say the Lake Tahoe/donner muscle inspection and Fee’s are a complete Cluster F..

Donner used to to the inspections right at the launch, now you show up to launch and it’s a “um yeah you are gonna need to drive 25min over to Alpine Meadows to their inspection station and get a Tag” 

so we do.. all boats with PNP require the decontamination and I was charged $75 for the pleasure (week) 

I am surprised that more aren't talking about the decon/inspections.  Anytime I leave Colorado, I have to have mine decontaminated (5 or more times per year).  Colorado will charge a fee to all boaters next year, right now it costs nothing more than an hour of my time.

9 hours ago, RyanB said:

I am surprised that more aren't talking about the decon/inspections.  Anytime I leave Colorado, I have to have mine decontaminated (5 or more times per year).  Colorado will charge a fee to all boaters next year, right now it costs nothing more than an hour of my time.

Every Annual registration contains a fee and you are already required to display the sticker. 

The inspections and decontaminations are additional.

3 hours ago, Stevo said:

Every Annual registration contains a fee and you are already required to display the sticker. 

The inspections and decontaminations are additional.

How much time did it take? I have to go through check points, but they aren’t bad yet...

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

How much time did it take? I have to go through check points, but they aren’t bad yet...

20 min drive from the lake we were at, about 30 min inspection/decon, 20 min back. 

It was a Friday morning no line, and about 3-4 boats behind us when we left.

i was probably more irritated with the fact that I did all my launch prep at the cabin, boards, Bimini,battery, coolers ,blowers etc, and then had to bag up the boards and stow the Bimini.

tangent. I now am solely responsible for the Bimini as the wife has given up and gets so frustrated getting it to slide out, it is kind of a pain IMHO.

16 hours ago, Stevo said:

tangent. I now am solely responsible for the Bimini as the wife has given up and gets so frustrated getting it to slide out, it is kind of a pain IMHO.

My wife had the same issue/complaint, so when it came time to order my 18' i got the greatlakes bimini.  SOOOO much easier to deploy, and the wife is now once again responsible for deploying and stowing (which takes all of 30 to 60 seconds)

• 2 weeks later...