Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Engine Flush

bvdhvy

Yeah, a plastic housing with a flapper and spring that could actually keep water from flowing to the engine under normal operation will certainly never be installed on my boat.

Also, for all the more I run the boat in the driveway, throwing the hose over the side is no biggie....heck I have to get in the boat anyway. Most of the hassle is all the extra trips back into the garage for the tools I forgot. :Doh:

This has never happened to me........:whistle:

Here's the 3-way ball valve (1") I was referring to.

They come is a "L" version "T" version. We would want the "T" as you can direct water in any direction needed and even push water back out the inlet (if you wanted to).

Unfortunately, I can't find one less than $60 :( .......at least it isn't plastic!

post-14915-054763600 1304101508_thumb.jp

post-14915-005145100 1304102402_thumb.pn

Here's the 3-way ball valve (1") I was referring to.

They come is a "L" version "T" version. We would want the "T" as you can direct water in any direction needed and even push water back out the inlet (if you wanted to).

Unfortunately, I can't find one less than $60 :( .......at least it isn't plastic!

I like that tee a lot!!!!!

We use our boats in the winter occasionally & have had problems with the plastic housing cracking & leaking. Their not made to be handled when it's cold out.

Also, the transom fitting.... make sure none of your buddies kick it while their mountin up. That has been an issue too.

I'm a wuss and really don't run my boat when its cold...

If I do pull the plug on a flush pro, I was thinking of putting the "transom fitting" right next to my thru hulls for the ballast and bilge drain. That should keep from it getting in the way of the fun.

Yeah, a plastic housing with a flapper and spring that could actually keep water from flowing to the engine under normal operation will certainly never be installed on my boat.

Also, for all the more I run the boat in the driveway, throwing the hose over the side is no biggie....heck I have to get in the boat anyway. Most of the hassle is all the extra trips back into the garage for the tools I forgot. :Doh:

Man I never thought of that...

I do hate throwing my dirty hose over the side of the boat... :crazy:

martinarcher

Man I never thought of that...

I do hate throwing my dirty hose over the side of the boat... :crazy:

A section of pipe insulation on the hose is perfect. Just use a bit of electrical tape to secure it and your in business. No scratches. Yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Gah! I liked this idea so much I went out and purchased and assembled all of the parts before checking to see whether they'd fit. Unfortunately the way the water intake lines run on the 2006 boats with the ski vee v-drive, the gas tank gets in the way of this method. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to go back to a flush pro barbed inline solution.

A section of pipe insulation on the hose is perfect. Just use a bit of electrical tape to secure it and your in business. No scratches. Yahoo.gif

That is a great idea!

Isn't a problem if I just clean the hose off first. :unsure:

Its just another step in the process... Plus to get all the dirt and mulch off it and have it clean enough not to scratch would take too long.

What I should do is get a small section of hose and set it aside for running the boat. Honestly I'm leaning towards the flush pro with the transom fitting. I have been thinking about cleaning up the plumbing in my boat anyway... Too many T's for flushing and ballast.

Edited by Levi900RR