Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Project - with flyby vids

martinarcher

martinarcher

Nice job, your boat sounds awesome. Any chance you could post a video of a drive by? Just can't get enough.

Funny you should say that....the next video was going to be a fly by and then the phone told me my SD card was full. Frustrated.gif

Next time. Biggrin.gif

Funny you should say that....the next video was going to be a fly by and then the phone told me my SD card was full. Frustrated.gif

Next time. Biggrin.gif

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to hearing the flyby.

Next time. Biggrin.gif

Please imagine me channeling Animal from The Muppets as I say, "FLY BY! FLY BY!"

You've taken what was already an awesome SS and elevated it to another level. Again! What's next?

martinarcher

Please imagine me channeling Animal from The Muppets as I say, "FLY BY! FLY BY!"

You've taken what was already an awesome SS and elevated it to another level. Again! What's next?

LOL.gif That's too funny!

Thanks man. I told rugger I'd take good care of her and plan to make good on my promise. Yahoo.gif

Next project starts next week...actually three projects...

1. Install Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro V6.5 with a multiline display. I've got everything but the new software chip for the module and a good PP cable for the servo....going to work at making one out of a bike brake cable.

2. Fix a few chips on the bottom of the hull and re-gel them after they are filled. Then I get to drill a 2" hole for the paddle wheel. Cry.gif Oh well - it will be worth the temporary pain. Thumbup.gif

3. Not next week, but add the three outlet Heatercraft heater I bought over the winter.

Edited by martinarcher

Thanks man. I told rugger I'd take good care of her and plan to make good on my promise. Yahoo.gif

Remember your other promise for first crack at a buy back if you sell it some year. ha ha. Hoping I'll be rich someday and could keep 2-3 boats in the stables, with the third being a fully restored Chris Craft Silver Arrow. I'd better start chasing the pot of gold soon. :)

Awesome job. I too want to hear a fly-by, "buzz the tower" video.

martinarcher

Remember your other promise for first crack at a buy back if you sell it some year. ha ha. Hoping I'll be rich someday and could keep 2-3 boats in the stables, with the third being a fully restored Chris Craft Silver Arrow. I'd better start chasing the pot of gold soon. :)

Awesome job. I too want to hear a fly-by, "buzz the tower" video.

No worries! If I ever have to give her up you get first crack for sure! I've got the same dream. LOL.gif My ultimate would be a covered lift on the water that is 100 feet from my back door. Someday!

I'll get a fly by video for you guys next time we're out. Hopefully sooner than later, but the 7 day has rain everyday!! :Doh:

• 2 weeks later...
martinarcher

Alright...here's the flyby vid! Excuse the camera shaking.....water was 59 at the dam and I was just floating with trunks on. By the third pass I could hardly keep the camera still LOL.gif These videos aren't about the picture....they're about the sound! Rockon.gif

martinarcher

:love: Sounds awesome. Love your giggle in the 2nd.

Hehe....thanks man. Thumbup.gif

HAHAHAHHA, that rules. Can you say early stages of hypothermia! :rockon:

LOL.gif Yeah....when your concentrating that hard trying not to shake and it's still that bad.....Whistling.gif I had just finished my slalom run and had them toss me the camera.

The good news was I hopped out and fired up the grille on the teak deck. Breaking in the holiday weekend right with a little cookout on the boat. Clap.gif It was a good way to put the sun to bed. My bro says I bought the right boat since I'm always "setting the sun". LOL.gif

martinarcher

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

06 - it used to sound decent, but not near as loud and not near as deep.

Pete - We did these vids at dusk after I finished a slalom set. He admitted it was pretty tough to see me bobbing in the water so he was a bit scared to run by me at 40+. Whistling.gif

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

06 - it used to sound decent, but not near as loud and not near as deep.

Pete - We did these vids at dusk after I finished a slalom set. He admitted it was pretty tough to see me bobbing in the water so he was a bit scared to run by me at 40+. Whistling.gif

Yeah sounds throaty and strong. Gonna need a couple more sets of tower speakers!

martinarcher

Yeah sounds throaty and strong. Gonna need a couple more sets of tower speakers!

Thanks man. Yeah - I think my wife would put a hole in my head. The girls have moved to the bow since the two Pro-80's are way to much for them already. Crazy.gif

• 9 years later...
On 5/14/2011 at 8:13 AM, martinarcher said:

Next project starts next week...actually three projects...

1. Install Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro V6.5 with a multiline display. I've got everything but the new software chip for the module and a good PP cable for the servo....going to work at making one out of a bike brake cable.

2. Fix a few chips on the bottom of the hull and re-gel them after they are filled. Then I get to drill a 2" hole for the paddle wheel. Cry.gif Oh well - it will be worth the temporary pain. Thumbup.gif

3. Not next week, but add the three outlet Heatercraft heater I bought over the winter.

I did the same with the bike brake cable for the throttle on my old 76’ F100😎

• Like 1