Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shame on me!

Sixball

Last night was the worst thunderstorm I can remember with the temp below 40 degrees. My yard was covered with marble sized hail. I thought my skylights on the house were coming down, and I'm afraid to go out and see the cars this morning. The radar picture at about 1AM was amazing at those temps. All is calm now and sitting at 35 degrees.

Last night was the worst thunderstorm I can remember with the temp below 40 degrees. My yard was covered with marble sized hail. I thought my skylights on the house were coming down, and I'm afraid to go out and see the cars this morning. The radar picture at about 1AM was amazing at those temps. All is calm now and sitting at 35 degrees.

That was a pretty crazy storm.

Snowing again today. Yesterday was a rough day but it got wild last night. Snow so hard at times you could not see. Wind, Rain, Hail, Snow, Lightning and Thunder.

I have seen lightning in cold weather but I have never seen ground strikes like last night in cold weather. I could not get the dog to go for his final walk. He got to the street and had a big lightning strike and the dog went right back to the house.

Ya'll need to come to Texas. I was upset last week about having 70 degree water temp. :innocent: Hoping to get out this week if we don't get thunderstorms.

I would love to say everything in Central Texas is perfect, but I'd be lying. Although the temps are close to (and sometimes in) the 90's, and the lake temp is low-70s; Lake Travis is LOOOOOOOW. So low that my normal launch ramp is closed. That is a BAD way to start the summer. At least Lake Austin is a constant level, but it's cold (~60s in the spots that are glassy)

If anyone wants to get in the water, come to Austin and lemme know.

-Jim

Cold and dry here in west MI. But, I think I saw temps in the 70's for next week. We are heading to the lake this weekend, pretty sure I'll be in it one way or another, got another die hard buddy at the lake this weekend as well. This is why I got the teak with the wedge door! Dock starts, baby.

Edit: I did verify, 70's....with showers and thunderstorms likely :Doh:

Edited by Michigan boarder

Cold and dry here in west MI. But, I think I saw temps in the 70's for next week. We are heading to the lake this weekend, pretty sure I'll be in it one way or another, got another die hard buddy at the lake this weekend as well. This is why I got the teak with the wedge door! Dock starts, baby.

Edit: I did verify, 70's....with showers and thunderstorms likely :Doh:

Cold and dry? We got 3" of snow last night and now it's a rain/snow mix. :(

54 and clouds on Easter so we'll probably put my parent's dock in if all their ice chunks are gone. Leaving the boat in the garage, though.

Cold and dry? We got 3" of snow last night and now it's a rain/snow mix. :(

54 and clouds on Easter so we'll probably put my parent's dock in if all their ice chunks are gone. Leaving the boat in the garage, though.

Yeah, it's dry, but there was a dusting of snow here at work frst thing this morning. At my house last night (41 miles south) it was all lightning and rain, pretty weird.

I might even break out the boom this weekend. All I need is a little peek of sunshine. Incorrigible. I'll have Friday nite or Saturday, Sunday is grandma's all day.

It was funny when it was 85 two weekends ago (4/10/11). My daughter, youngest son, and I were waxing the boat in our swim suits. The daughter wanted to go swimming. I suggested we walk in and test it with our toes. That lasted all of 5 seconds, it was painfully cold. So instead we plopped the boat in and flew around, it was nice to hear the boat hum. She's gassed up, covered, on the lift, ready to go! Garage is in order, summer stuff out on the patio and/or hanging in it's proper place. All I need is some weather.

Im in WI as well and the ice JUST left 2 thursdays ago. I went riding the following tuesday after the ice left (drysuit hax) and then i woke up to this this morning. Yeah I'm on the "F this weather" bandwagon. Although I can't complain too much because I got to get out and ride once already. I'm definitely getting itchy again though.

Here's this morning's view in wonderful WI

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/img0300rs.jpg/

Edited by wakeboarder3780