Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to deal with party barge people

Umatilla Matt

Hmm. I put wake-boarders in the same category as tubers, jet skiers, and party-bargers so I am probably not going to be much help. Unsure.gif

That said, if they were parked in a slalom course, I might suggest parking 50 meters off their port bow and lobbing water ballons filled with baby food and from high-power water-balloon launcher . Beer.gif

I'm with you on this one the SLALOM COURSE comes first!

Huh???? :crazy:

I'm certainly not one to stick up for jetskiers & tubers. But I don't think ANYONE is out looking for rough water.

Huh? :crazy:

I've never ever been invited to go out and party on a friends boat (pontoon, malibu, or otherwise) and said, "Well, I want to see if it's going to flatten out first. I don't feel like drinking a beer if it's choppy" Have you? Likewise, I've never been sitting around on the beach when we're camping and thought," hmmmmm.... I would go for a rip on the wave runner right now, but there is just too many boat wakes. Jumping those would really suck right now." Have you ever had a teenager come up to you and say,"Right now it looks really choppy so I definitely do NOT want to go tubing. In a few hours, though, when the water flattens out, could you take us out for a tube ride?"

Skiers and wakeboarders absolutely live for glassy conditions. I am constantly taken back by the, errrrrr, 'folks' in the skiing community (water or snow) that don't get this concept and feel the need to take shots at snow/wakeboarders like enter name here did(not you Bill). Anyway, my point wasn't that people are out looking for choppy water but that water conditions, in general, matter very very little to tubers, jet skiers, and booze cruise folks. Disagree? :)

I only disagree in the way that I already described.

If we're all rafted up, drinkin, partyin, etc., and your riding in a way that is throwing wakes at our boats, then obviously we need to keep our boats from clashing. So I want to see you rip it up. Throw your best spin, invert, whatever. I wanna see HEIGHT. Or I want to see you at least TRY.

And likewise, when I'm riding by you while your sittin there doin whatever you do, then your gonna either see my best.... or my worst. :crazy:

I expect the same from the jetskiers too. If I have to listen to that annoying buzzing in my ears all the time, I want to see a back roll or a submarine. Any candyass can hold the throttle down wide open. Lets see you stand on the hood of that thing & shoot a jetstream 100' in the air. :whistle:

As for tubers.... well, I think we're outta luck there. We just have to accept that some people have zero skills. :lol: :lol:

That's quite a statement. Aren't we (wakeboarders & skiers) both out for smooth water? Tubers, jet skiiers, party bargers not so much, right? Whatever. I guess it's the same as the old "i own the mountain" skiers who just can't comprehend we're all just looking for powder...

Anyway, I'm with the crowd that says try to make friends with 'em. Who knows how long they'll be around and you don't want to go to the lake every weekend wondering if you're gonna get in a fight. I'd avoid getting authorities involved unless absolutely, positively necessary. It's just not worth it. Hey, and on Sunday when you're out riding a clear glassy lake with a couple idiots parked in the middle...........remember there is some poor unfortunate kids in Africa adults in Oregon that still have a month to go before they even dare drop their boats in the water and begin braving the cold water! :lol:

I was mostly teasing. Smile.gif

I expect the same from the jetskiers too. If I have to listen to that annoying buzzing in my ears all the time, I want to see a back roll or a submarine. Any candyass can hold the throttle down wide open. Lets see you stand on the hood of that thing & shoot a jetstream 100' in the air. :whistle:

As for tubers.... well, I think we're outta luck there. We just have to accept that some people have zero skills. :lol: :lol:

:lol: Ok, I get your point and all....and it's pretty damn funny. I'm just confused on what I said that warranted "HUH?" or :crazy: Then again confusing me is no monumental task..... :lol: Anyway, I'd just go make friends with the group. Seems the shortest path between 2 points (aaaaaand there might be a bikini or two around, who knows) :biggrin:

I'm just confused on what I said that warranted "HUH?" or :crazy:

Yea, I am thinkin more about the jetskiers who are out looking for speed, or jumping wakes.... as opposed to kids dickin around. They typically want the same things as any boarder.... a nice smooth path to a big giant ramp.

And any boater tied off to anything else is gonna have to manhandle his boat a little if someone goes by with a wake. So assuming their partying & not bombed, then they could get put off if someone is going back & forth kicking out a wake but not being very entertaining.

But the bottom line is we all have to live out on the lake peacefully. So I'm just tossin out ideas that some of you might be able to relate to. :crazy:

Is it spring yet?????

I've never ever been invited to go out and party on a friends boat (pontoon, malibu, or otherwise) and said, "Well, I want to see if it's going to flatten out first. I don't feel like drinking a beer if it's choppy" Have you? Likewise, I've never been sitting around on the beach when we're camping and thought," hmmmmm.... I would go for a rip on the wave runner right now, but there is just too many boat wakes. Jumping those would really suck right now." Have you ever had a teenager come up to you and say,"Right now it looks really choppy so I definitely do NOT want to go tubing. In a few hours, though, when the water flattens out, could you take us out for a tube ride?"

Skiers and wakeboarders absolutely live for glassy conditions. I am constantly taken back by the, errrrrr, 'folks' in the skiing community (water or snow) that don't get this concept and feel the need to take shots at snow/wakeboarders like enter name here did(not you Bill). Anyway, my point wasn't that people are out looking for choppy water but that water conditions, in general, matter very very little to tubers, jet skiers, and booze cruise folks. Disagree? :)

Edited by Ruffdog

Go make friends is the best advice for sure.

I need advice of a different sort. Bass boats especially on tournament week ends. Pass us at like 50-55 mph while we are pulling a rider then give us dirty looks and yell at us cause our wake really makes 'em rock while they are in a hole.

Goes both ways- I just try to wave and be friendly.

Go make friends is the best advice for sure.

I need advice of a different sort. Bass boats especially on tournament week ends. Pass us at like 50-55 mph while we are pulling a rider then give us dirty looks and yell at us cause our wake really makes 'em rock while they are in a hole.

Goes both ways- I just try to wave and be friendly.

We call those guys "BASSholes"...

Our crew seems to always get into it will all the sparkly bassboats... they come ripping by with their 80MPH Skeeters and Rangers and either slow down or go airborne slamming over the wake rollers... so to show how pissed off they are about slowing down they usually manage to cut close to our downed boarders... words and gestures are always exchanged...

couple hrs later same dudes will be at the sandbar or the docks not acting so tough then....

Hell one time we had a guy paddle out in a canoe from his property and asked us to wake somewhere else because he didnt want the waves to hit his shoreline....

All of you need to grow up!!!!!!

The lake is for everybody.

When I was young and dumb I thought smooth water was the only way to go. I got so bad I would skip my turn if I thought I wouldn't have great water. What a putz I was. Now, I don't care what the water is like because - "I am a water skier". Plain and simple. Sure, glass is nice and at 7:00 am I get glass.

I noticed that in tournements the water isn't glass. I can only wonder why you need glass to practice, unless you are a weekender and not an actual skier. I still like seeing the ocasional top come off during a good spill.

Sure, bash me if you like. I started water skiing in 1970, most of you probabbly weren't even born yet.. I am still doing it and every run I do makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Let it be. Just like grammer school days, the more you try and retaliate, the more the bullies bully. They will stop when they see it doesn't bother you.

I wish I could tell you the story of the old bull and the young bull.

Give me a wave when you pass by, I am probabbly the oldest skier on raystown lake. At the river in goldsboro, the most seasoned skier/footer says he is selling his boat and giving it up. Says he is too old, heck he's only 82. I can remember him taking me to the lake when I was only 24 years old. When I saw his boat advertised i called him and offered him as many pulls as he would like this summer.

There are kids, teenagers, jet skiers , wake boarders, water skiers, footers, trickers, tubers, party bargers and lets not forget fisherman. Personally, I think the salom skiers have the most fun on the water, when they aren't chasing the balls.

At least you guys are on the water and your season has started... cold, rainy, and a high of 47 today in Seattle. :(

The guys on Sammamish rode last weekend between rain storms. Just gotta nut up & be quick about it. :rockon:

Forcast for this weekend is 49 & partly sunny. It's about time the boat come out. I'm gettin bored paddlin.

The guys on Sammamish rode last weekend between rain storms. Just gotta nut up & be quick about it. :rockon:

Forcast for this weekend is 49 & partly sunny. It's about time the boat come out. I'm gettin bored paddlin.

I get cold walking from my house to my car. you are certifiably insane to do watersports in this crap.

I get cold walking from my house to my car. you are certifiably insane to do watersports in this crap.

Naked maybe. But no one I'm out there with is quite there yet. :crazy:

Best water of the year is coming up between now & Memorial Day. Then all the yahoos will be loose.

When I was young and dumb I thought smooth water was the only way to go. I got so bad I would skip my turn if I thought I wouldn't have great water. What a putz I was. Now, I don't care what the water is like because - "I am a water skier". Plain and simple. Sure, glass is nice and at 7:00 am I get glass.

I noticed that in tournements the water isn't glass. I can only wonder why you need glass to practice, unless you are a weekender and not an actual skier. I still like seeing the ocasional top come off during a good spill.

Sure, bash me if you like. I started water skiing in 1970, most of you probabbly weren't even born yet.. I am still doing it and every run I do makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Let it be. Just like grammer school days, the more you try and retaliate, the more the bullies bully. They will stop when they see it doesn't bother you.

I wish I could tell you the story of the old bull and the young bull.

Give me a wave when you pass by, I am probabbly the oldest skier on raystown lake. At the river in goldsboro, the most seasoned skier/footer says he is selling his boat and giving it up. Says he is too old, heck he's only 82. I can remember him taking me to the lake when I was only 24 years old. When I saw his boat advertised i called him and offered him as many pulls as he would like this summer.

There are kids, teenagers, jet skiers , wake boarders, water skiers, footers, trickers, tubers, party bargers and lets not forget fisherman. Personally, I think the salom skiers have the most fun on the water, when they aren't chasing the balls.

Oh, I love this guy! :clap:

My wife says she's going to give you a call if I start whining when a tuber cuts across "my glass" this summer. (Don't worry, they never actually keep me from the water. I just like to grumble a bit.)

Nobody 'needs' flat water to practice. I don't think anyone is saying that. Sure, if you're a pro and getting paid to ski you better get your arse out there and ride; no matter what. If not, there is no sense. Riding in super choppy water is terrible for your technique and hard on your body. I could go to the mountain when it's raining but why waste the gas/effort? What does it prove? I'm not sure it makes you more 'hardcore' or dedicated to ride in the rain or chop.... It just means skiing is your only hobby and riding chop is better than anything else you could do. All that said, if you enjoy riding chop......go for it and have fun! :rockon: