Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Window Tint

Wakesetter67

Love the look of the tinted windows on our BU!

thumb_r7GTIAcy0QaSn1ecSwmQ8Vn.jpg

thumb_ccsKYprDy8oqDbDfwfM6PdPTR.jpg

Looks Awesome!! I was dropping mine off at Exile this Morning, First time i really had it out. I parked it and went to get a coffee, And walking back looking at it, It was a whole different boat, I did not realize how much just a small upgrade would change the look... No regrets!!!
  • 4 months later...

I just got a quote to do mine in 5% yesterday.... I want it dark as I can get it.

I always sit on the seat bolster thing and look over the windscreen so I can't see it interfering with vision.

5% is the only way to go!

Bu.jpg

Tinting is always the first thing I do to my boat.... The day my newest boat was delivered was the same day i was scheduled to go to the tinter. Even took a quick before and after with my phone. 5% Tint

Before:

photo-1-1.jpg

After:

6-16-11Sync264-1.jpg

But ill admit, Tint looks the best on black boats..... I miss my black 23....

6-16-11Sync232.jpg

man this looks good, and pretty much the only way i am going to see my boat (this is exactly the same as mine) with window tint as I run a lot in the evenings on the ocean and you need to see very well with all the crap that the tides drag off the beaches...........

anyway this looks really cool

oh and in Vancouver there is not a lot of need for shade, when the sun comes out we tend to gravitate to it..........yes it rains here a bit

5% is the only way to go!

Bu.jpg

5%?

5% on the red..... 10% on the black. If i had to do it again, I would have gotten 5% on the black. Between $225-$250 around here to get them done. Cant believe someone got quoted $600

Quote was last year from a 'BU dealer near me (not my dealer/they don't do it) Actually found a shop in town, I have an appointment in 3 weeks....... probably going 10% for $300.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have tinted the windows is there much difference between 20% and 35% in outward vision? Getting mine done soon! I'm not as worried about night time because I tend to look over the windshield anyway. I just can't see with the light glare from the instruments on the windshield at night!