Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Couldn't Go Any Slower

BlknYlwT22

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michigan boarder

• BlknYlwT22

• Badger

• jk13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All lakes and most big rivers still frozen here. Still 18" in the yard with 5' banks from the plow and blower. Upside is my son and I got to go to Indianhead in the UP with his twin tips and my snowboard this past Sunday. We have much more snow than the UP here, which is rare. Downside is because they were "100%" open, tickets were full price. Apparently 70% percent of lifts and 80% of runs somehow equals 100% open? Drove up to Big Powderhorn and checked that out too, may try there next time. They're the only UP resorts I had never been to before.

Boat and summer car still in the garage, garage still snowed in, kids on spring break, hot tub leaks so it's empty, I'm at work all day and not getting anything done at home with a sick wife.

It'll get better, right? Right? Hello?

Boat and summer car still in the garage, garage still snowed in, kids on spring break, hot tub leaks so it's empty, I'm at work all day and not getting anything done at home with a sick wife.

It'll get better, right? Right? Hello?

My hot tub is in the same condition right now. And my wife and eldest child are in Costa Rica on a school trip! The other child is hanging out at Radium hot springs enjoying the spring break. I am sitting in Edmonton waiting to have my neck stretched! Something doesn't seem quite fair! :crazy:

Well of course!! The new Dancing With the Stars contest has started!

Alright, now you have just gone to far! Father winter you need to go away so we can all go OUTSIDE! :(

Well of course!! The new Dancing With the Stars contest has started!

Gee.........thanks.

There was something that premiered tonight that I wanted to see, can't remember what it is though. Probably miss it because I'll have to sit with the wife and watch her crap anyhow.

Good times.

On a positive note, I'll be able to update the "What do you ride" thread soon. Birthday was last Tuesday and I got the o.k. to order up a new Slingshot. Now I'm just debating between the Choice for price (and I'll never be able to outride either of these) or the Response for a true piece of art I can hang up when my riding days are done (but I hate the blue bottom). Decisions, decisions....

Gee.........thanks.

There was something that premiered tonight that I wanted to see, can't remember what it is though. Probably miss it because I'll have to sit with the wife and watch her crap anyhow.

Good times.

On a positive note, I'll be able to update the "What do you ride" thread soon. Birthday was last Tuesday and I got the o.k. to order up a new Slingshot. Now I'm just debating between the Choice for price (and I'll never be able to outride either of these) or the Response for a true piece of art I can hang up when my riding days are done (but I hate the blue bottom). Decisions, decisions....

Hey, happy B-day!

Yeah, I'm going nuts. I've got a box full of ballast bags, 2 new (to me) boards, and an itchin' to teach myself and family how to surf. I've got another box full of new speakers, amp, HU, sub, all waiting to be installed. And a new pair of board shorts.

Father winter is killing me. KILLING me. Somebody get his foot off my neck.

I have family that lives in Cali and I envy the weather they have 75% of the year.

if it makes you feel better, the weather in California hastnt been too great lately either

if it makes you feel better, the weather in California hastnt been too great lately either

well they are in the San Luis Obispo area and I know that typically they have weather in the 70s all year round. I don't know if its been real nice lately but I just looked at their forecast and 70s over the next ten days with nothing but sun. Sure does beat the 40s and 50s here!!

Ice mostly went out on my SE Michigan lake yesterday. Launch opens for the year tomorrow. Unfortunately with the temps that MI Boarder is predicting, I don't think my boat will come out of the garage either. Instead we are packing up the kids and going to a indoor waterpark next week.

JK13 - I grew up skiing those UP "mountains". Indianhead was my favorite because it was the toughest and we did most of our racing there. They are all good for a kick though.

Edited by Badger

JK13 - I grew up skiing those UP "mountains". Indianhead was my favorite because it was the toughest and we did most of our racing there. They are all good for a kick though.

Funny thing is my friends and I complained about Rib Mountain, now called Granite Peak the whole time we were growing up. When we all started in the late 80's, they didn't allow snowboards at all so we had to go to the UP or Tyrol "terrible" Basin, Devils Head, etc. Now Granite Peak blows them all away, has more snow at the moment, better lifts, and is 2 miles from my house. But we were visiting in Minocqua, so UP we went.

Funny, at Indianhead the difference between the black diamonds and the green/blue runs was basically how wide they were. Pretty much all had the same headwall drops.

Big Powderhorn has a nasty drop right above the chalet, freaked my son out a little until we drove around and I showed him the more mellow runs around it. We'll probably go sometime just to check it off the list.

Hey, happy B-day!

Yeah, I'm going nuts. I've got a box full of ballast bags, 2 new (to me) boards, and an itchin' to teach myself and family how to surf. I've got another box full of new speakers, amp, HU, sub, all waiting to be installed. And a new pair of board shorts.

Father winter is killing me. KILLING me. Somebody get his foot off my neck.

Liner or no liner?:dontknow:

Funny thing is my friends and I complained about Rib Mountain, now called Granite Peak the whole time we were growing up. When we all started in the late 80's, they didn't allow snowboards at all so we had to go to the UP or Tyrol "terrible" Basin, Devils Head, etc. Now Granite Peak blows them all away, has more snow at the moment, better lifts, and is 2 miles from my house. But we were visiting in Minocqua, so UP we went.

Funny, at Indianhead the difference between the black diamonds and the green/blue runs was basically how wide they were. Pretty much all had the same headwall drops.

Big Powderhorn has a nasty drop right above the chalet, freaked my son out a little until we drove around and I showed him the more mellow runs around it. We'll probably go sometime just to check it off the list.

Yes, me being a Hodag, I spent a lot of time at Rib Mt too. I know it's gone through quite a bit of flux recently, but seems to be on the right track the last few years. Our state ski meets were always held there. You're correct about the headwalls at Indianhead. That's definitely not the best place for a true beginner. I was also an instructor and race coach at Cascade while going to school in Madison.

Ice was gone yesterday morning on the lake where I live in mass, a dozen or so fishing boat out, I figure sweet bring the boat home soon. Weather guys are now calling for a foot of snow thurs into friday :cry:

Liner or no liner?:dontknow:

You know, I'm not sure. I'm thinking liner. I could go either way.

But it doesn't matter for now, I'll be in a frickin' diver's suit putting the lift in.

This has been a great week for us weather wise too. 15 degress when I got up, then 4 inches of snow later in the day.

Joy. Not ! I wanted to bring the 'bu home weeks ago.

Steve B.

Someone dropped a pontoon in the water today......I guess that's a good sign.

we got our first runs in yesterday. what a long wait.

went to chemung to launch but there was just too much ice.

detoured to whitmore lake. smooth as glass for the most part.

water table is still low.

boat ran great.

had sense to limit myself to a light weight slalom set and a short bf run.

i'm not even sore today! woohoo!

pretty nice first outing for the season.

boat ran great.

our boat would be in if we could get the dang lift delivered. i'm jealous

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

It's been nice here for the last week 5c to 10c all week snow starting to melt off was looking up now we get a winter storm warning 15 to 20 cm of snow over night what the heck i can not take it anymore. I'm glad some of you are enjoying your boats already I have about another month and ahalf of this crap.

boat ran great.

I drove by Whitmore this afternoon and it was indeed glass more or less. Congrats on the first set of the season.