Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Re-Packing Your Stuffing Box

martinarcher

Yea, probably will!

Too bad none of us v-drive owners are there or you'd be swearing with someone's foot on your head while your pickin that old waxy rope out of there. :rofl: "I think theres another piece in there! Did you get it all out??" :clap:

It's really not that tough. Just tight spaces like getting to the impeller.

ROFL.gif You crack me up. Yeah...I guess it's a trade off for that big wake and all that space.

I am a lil nervous to give it a go. Any idea on a ballpark range of what a shop will charge? I called 2 and no pricing :( and I have a trip planned this weekend and yes it is a hot mess.

I got a response from a shop on price 120$ But the next available open is June 21st FML. Looks like I may be trying it after all.

ROFL.gif You crack me up. Yeah...I guess it's a trade off for that big wake and all that space.

Just trying to keep it light.... I'm just kiddin around.

I had a DD before the v-drive & can assure you there are benefits to them both.

Gurl, it's really not that tough if your handy with tools at all. Kind of a cross between playing with the driveline on your truck, and the plumbing under your sink.

Just trying to keep it light.... I'm just kiddin around.

I had a DD before the v-drive & can assure you there are benefits to them both.

Gurl, it's really not that tough if your handy with tools at all. Kind of a cross between playing with the driveline on your truck, and the plumbing under your sink.

Got it done. Worked out great. Thank you for your help.

Ended up losing my steering tho and hit reverse because we were headed for a rock and dropped the stern into the prop. Luckily someone was able to drive one up and we got it replaced the same day. Thanks to the help of some buddies. Still mobbin tho!

Thanks again!