Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Fender Step Cover / Non-Skid

Bake's Marine

We've been working on doing some trailer fender non-skid protectors and wanted to see what you thought about them.

post-4023-058387900 1297981272_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the details

• 23-3/4" (Max length we can do in the laser cutting bed)
  • 6" Tall
  • Medium duty non-skid material with 3M adhesive
  • Cost: I'm trying to keep cost below $20 each

#1 is obvious for those who want to represent Bake's :)

#2 is my Favorite but the jury is still out, The B, O, and A in boats has such small cut outs it will be hard to install.

#3 Malibu Boats text, classy and to the point!

These are just samples so let me know your thoughts, comments, concerns.

Thanks for your input!

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bake's Marine

• Bozboat

• martinarcher

• Malibu_Mike

I went to measure where mine previously were and it is 36" x 6" - any chance of making a larger set?

Ask and you shall receive! Biggrin.gif

36" Plain Malibu Fender Non-Skids are now available, we had to make a new bed for the laser cutter to hold the longer material.

I need to change the images but all the size specifics are updated.

-Paul

Got mine put on this morning, used a Tan vinyl as the back ground. Paul you guys do GREAT work!!!

Paul is there any chance on getting the Malibu Logo in a 6"x6" if so I would like 4 of those, placed on either side of the Malibu anti-skid, I think with the right 2 color vinyl on top and bottom it would look awesome!!!

I will play around with the sun only graphic file to see if we can do that on the laser cutter, sometimes it really hard if your left with small pieces.

-Paul

I will play around with the sun only graphic file to see if we can do that on the laser cutter, sometimes it really hard if your left with small pieces.

-Paul

That would be great, I have too much fender showing, that I want to cover, or how about a skier, on one end, and wakeboarder on the other, those graphics may be easier, you know just the outline.

Mike

-Paul

That would be great, I have too much fender showing, that I want to cover, or how about a skier, on one end, and wakeboarder on the other, those graphics may be easier, you know just the outline.

Mike

Edited by Malibu_Mike

Mike

That's might be easier if you just did a cut out.

What do you think of these images (just the person with out the Malibu)?

Wakeboarder

Skier

-Paul

That's might be easier if you just did a cut out.

What do you think of these images (just the person with out the Malibu)?

Wakeboarder

Skier

-Paul

That would work just fine, I need two of each, you are the Man!

Mike

That would work just fine, I need two of each, you are the Man!

Mike

I will see what I can do and drop you a PM when I give it a try.

Thanks Mike!

-Paul

we have them laser engraved 24x6 out of pvc and aluminum diamond plate plasma cut.

Thats awesome. Now start your own thread and post pictures and a price.

Edited by liljohn

Loving the new fender guards. It's dumping rain here in Los Angeles and just ran out to put the risers under the cover so the water won't puddle. Anyhow, stepping up on the fender reminded me to post a photo. Looks great I think.

Thanks again.

Chad

post-14709-003551400 1300654221_thumb.jp

post-14922-019492900 1299259196_thumb.jp

post-14922-045264900 1299259149_thumb.jp

post-14922-068791900 1299259257_thumb.jp

I like them :thumbup:

Looks great. I have a set with a smaller Maiibu and some funky design, think they came from Malibu. Anyways they work great, just not as slick looking at these!

Edited by old skool malibu

Loving the new fender guards. It's dumping rain here in Los Angeles and just ran out to put the risers under the cover so the water won't puddle. Anyhow, stepping up on the fender reminded me to post a photo. Looks great I think.

Thanks again.

Chad

Chad,

Looks nice! I like it!!

You guys think the vinyl will hold up in the cutout? In my experience with vinyl it's not so good for abrasion resistance.

I guess its all relative to what kind of vinyl you use but if you use the heavy duty marine UV stable vinyl I would image it would hold up as good as your boat decals. The non-skid is pretty thick so most of your foot would be on the non-skid and not on the vinyl.

Looks great. I have a set with a smaller Maiibu and some funky design, think they came from Malibu. Anyways they work great, just not as slick looking at these!

Thanks, I'm really happy how they turned out.

-Paul

Hey Paul, are you looking to do a Bu logo with the sun cutout like the truck decal on page one of this thread?

We had a lot of problems with the Sun Logo Not cutting out right. The designer was trying to change the logo a little bit so they could do the cut out and avoid having a bunch of small pieces that would make it really hard to install. So still a work in progress at the moment. I will keep you posted when they make a sample.

-Paul

martinarcher

We had a lot of problems with the Sun Logo Not cutting out right. The designer was trying to change the logo a little bit so they could do the cut out and avoid having a bunch of small pieces that would make it really hard to install. So still a work in progress at the moment. I will keep you posted when they make a sample.

-Paul

Cool. Thanks Paul.

• 3 weeks later...