Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Underwater LED's

arrydjay

It is really hard to capture the laser, the videos never turn out anywhere near as good as it actually looks...Here is a

of exactly the same laser. Ill try and take a vid next week of how it looks on the boat.

Martin will be the only one who actually gets a true idea of how good it looks...

The fist ever Sydney WOW.....one weeks notice, everyone start bookin flights....

Did you get my text martin?

Heck yeah! TMC takes over the harbor! Rockon.gif

Yeah I got it. I sent you one back, but not sure if my SIM card does outbound text's. I don't see why it wouldn't but who knows.

I'm just chillin in hotel in Wollongong today so if you head out let me know. I'll drive up. Thumbup.gif Thought about trying to find a place to rent a surfboard. Might be fun since the beach is in walking distance.

Edited by martinarcher

Yeah it is weird, I got your txt on saturday night, but not this morning.

The weather is a bit crappy at the moment, you timed it pretty badly because the week before last was the longest heatwave in recorded history for sydney, and we also had the hottest night in recorded history as well. It was about 30 degrees Celsius or 86F all night.. Luckily I spent that night on the Bu'

Yeah it is weird, I got your txt on saturday night, but not this morning.

The weather is a bit crappy at the moment, you timed it pretty badly because the week before last was the longest heatwave in recorded history for sydney, and we also had the hottest night in recorded history as well. It was about 30 degrees Celsius or 86F all night.. Luckily I spent that night on the Bu'

Haha - my phone beeped as I was reading your msg. I just got this mornings text. LOL.gif

I was wondering about the weather. No worries. I'll still shoot for catching up with you on the 18th. Thumbup.gif

Everyone I have talked to said Australia day and last week was in the 40's! Unreal. I came a week too late. :Doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie,

Have you put your lights on and see how they look going 11-12 mph? I am looking to get some of the same lights, but want to see how they look in the lake water. My lake is about the same as yours in Waco.

Not yet, I am doing several projects to the boat and I want to do them all when I take the boat off the lift and put in the garage. I did post pictures several pages back of the lights in the lake. We are in the middle of a Golden Algae bloom here and the lake is not as clear as it is in the summer so you can figure the pictures as a worst case.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back to life. In water pics later this week. Shadow Caster has a new Remote Wireless Controller out now. It will fit all current & past lights from them. Dims/Fades, Strobes & Pulses and works up 150' away. Now I've gotta call David @ Earmark and get one headed this way.

post-5-020553200 1303252612_thumb.jpg

post-5-025496200 1303252632_thumb.jpg

post-5-060673900 1303252644_thumb.jpg

Extremely nice job on those contour blocks. That's not the easiest thing to do precisely. Now I can see why you wanted to bolt the fixtures through given how close they are to the edge.

Nice and warm today for outside projects.

My dealer called and said that my 6 LED transom lights that went out on my 2008 VLX would not be replaced because they were installed from the dealer and only carry a 1 year warranty...great!

So now I have 1 working 6 LED and the other is out. The shadowcasters are nice but I cant see paying $499 for a single light when my lake is muddy and not clear. Does anyone know if I could still find the 6 led transom light anywhere?

My dealer called and said that my 6 LED transom lights that went out on my 2008 VLX would not be replaced because they were installed from the dealer and only carry a 1 year warranty...great!

So now I have 1 working 6 LED and the other is out. The shadowcasters are nice but I cant see paying $499 for a single light when my lake is muddy and not clear. Does anyone know if I could still find the 6 led transom light anywhere?

Here are the OEM ones that say Malibu on them.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=828

Here are the OEM ones that say Malibu on them.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=828

They are no longer carried and with such a high failure rate I cant really see installing the same one just to have it go out down the road. This is something that needs to be replaced by Malibu whether installed from the factory or dealer.

Edited by BlitzedVLX