Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Underwater LED's

arrydjay

Thanks Ronnie, but I think Im going to put that one in the "Too Hard" basket.... for now anyway. I cant see it making much of a difference, if shadowcaster says they can handle the slight curve, Im going to trust them. Im sure your way would probably be better but I dont think I have the skill to shape those blocks properly.

I drilled the holes and installed my ones this afternoon, turned out alright. I dont know if I trust the screws they provide, as I think the holes I drilled were slightly too big as the screws went in pretty easily, I think Im going to get some bolts and put nuts on the ends to really clamp them down.

Here are some pics.

Looks good man..snap some picks in the water. Does the owl travel around on the guide pole or did he just stop in for a quick visit?

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

haha the owl is just a plastic thing to scare birds away so they dont crap on my nice cover and tower.....

The lights are blinding when out of the water like this.....Im starting to install all the interior LED's today, probably take me a couple days then Ill be out on the water on friday night to test it all out and make sure the shadowcasters are watertight...then saturday night Ill get some cool pics in the Harbour..

haha the owl is just a plastic thing to scare birds away so they dont crap on my nice cover and tower.....

The lights are blinding when out of the water like this.....Im starting to install all the interior LED's today, probably take me a couple days then Ill be out on the water on friday night to test it all out and make sure the shadowcasters are watertight...then saturday night Ill get some cool pics in the Harbour..

I'll probably be walking around the Darling Harbor on Friday night (the 18th). I'll look for a killer VLX lighting up the water. Rockon.gif

So, does the Owl work? I have a problems with birds around my boat lifts and I have thought about doing the owl thing next spring. Sweet boat by the way.

Edited by Mercedes

When the boat is out of the water with the lights on, isn't that a bit like looking directly into the sun?

AHHHHH....MY EYES!!!

Now that damn blue spot will follow me around all day...

I'll probably be walking around the Darling Harbor on Friday night (the 18th). I'll look for a killer VLX lighting up the water. Rockon.gif

Are you coming down under? Ill be there at the marina on the 18th, come down and say Hi!

So, does the Owl work? I have a problems with birds around my boat lifts and I have thought about doing the owl thing next spring. Sweet boat by the way.

Yeah the trick is to keep moving it around, once it stays in one place for too long the birds figure it out....I just keep alternating between guide poles every few days.

Are you coming down under? Ill be there at the marina on the 18th, come down and say Hi!

Yep. Coming over again for work. Landing the 9th and will be leaving the 19th. I'll swing by and say hey. You there during the daytime? I usually try to hit Sydney the evening before I leave. Some really good seafood in Darling Harbor. Thumbup.gif

On the weekends I would usually be there in the daytime, but on a friday I have to work so Ide get there at about 6, atm the sun sets at about 8:45 here so there is still a fair bit of sunlight after work. The party starts when the sun goes down at Darling Harbour anyway.

Worth mentioning is that you can currently turn any lights, underwater or otherwise, on by RF remote control. Some even include an automatic shut-off programmable timer.

Soon, ShadowCasters is coming with a radio frequency keyfob remote control (100 foot range) that will on/off, strobe, dim and more.

David

Earmark Marine

Worth mentioning is that you can currently turn any lights, underwater or otherwise, on by RF remote control. Some even include an automatic shut-off programmable timer.

Soon, ShadowCasters is coming with a radio frequency keyfob remote control (100 foot range) that will on/off, strobe, dim and more.

David

Earmark Marine

I had called them before testing the lights asking what the "extra" wire in the harness was for. She stated that what you mentioned was the intended use. I suggested it needs to be in the instal instructions after she told me that she gets calls about the extra wire. You might pass that on to your customers when they purchase from you.

I'm pretty sure it was in the instructions that I received because I already knew that somehow...

Took the boat out for a test last night and everything was watertight. Man o man these lights are bright....the water I was in was clean but not crystal clear and it lit up a good 10m.... Where I mounted them worked out great as they shone all the way around the side of the boat and when you are on the plane it lights up the walls of water spray that come off the sides.

I'll get some good pics tonight.

I'm pretty sure it was in the instructions that I received because I already knew that somehow...

Took the boat out for a test last night and everything was watertight. Man o man these lights are bright....the water I was in was clean but not crystal clear and it lit up a good 10m.... Where I mounted them worked out great as they shone all the way around the side of the boat and when you are on the plane it lights up the walls of water spray that come off the sides.

I'll get some good pics tonight.

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the pics! Rockon.gif

Well, yesterday/last night was a bit of a write-off....We were at the marina for about 20 hours....it was about 40 degrees celsius and a fair few beverages were consumed.

Usually they let us keep the music right up, but this time they got a fair few complaints from the nearby restaurants and bars, so they first made us turn it right down and then made us turn it off. I only managed to grab a few dodgey pics on the iphone, so ill have to get some better ones next time.

The water in the this part of the harbour is pretty dirty, so the lights didnt project anywhere near as far as they did the night before.

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

Yeah, thats the guy there in the yellow vest in the first couple of pics...... Cant really have a go at him but as he said he was getting complaints from all the bars near the water. I just think they were all cut that the party was obviously down at the marina and not in their bars. When we had the music going, people were lined up along the edge of the water there dancing and checkin out the boats....Even after we turned the volume right down, he came back and said "we have had a few more complaints, and your going to have to leave and it means you are barred for life." After talking to him for a bit I explained that we had not turned it back up and we thought we were doin the right thing...so he let us stay but the music had to go off..... killed the party.... Next time I think ill face the speakers away from all the bars

Yeah a few people came up and asked about them, I actually saw 2 other cruisers that had underwater lights, which is the first time I've seen them on another boat here....they still weren't as bright as the shadowcasters :)

I've also got a laser and smoke machine mounted to the tower as well and that had heaps of people coming up and asking what it was too.