Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac (1100lb)

Patrice Forest

Anyone have any pics of these sacs filled? I ordered one 1100# that i plan to use to surf and wake. When i wake with it i would like to lay it in the floor behind the middle locker. Just want to see how much i will be dealing with full.

Edited by JIMJOM
  • 2 weeks later...

The bag will want to drain it-self if you do not run all the lines to the high side of the boat and loop them. Learn from my experience I have re-plumbed my system 3 times. 1st time 750# bag on y valve worked well.

2nd time swapped 750# for 1100# and added dedicated pumps and switches while Maintaining y valve for faster fill time. 3rd time re-ran all drain lines to loose the siphoning (self draining) effects and keeping the bag full from the time I turn the switch off. I have done more than my share of research and have Finlay got it dialed in and all working from the drivers seat. you will probably want to add the Supra gravity games 400# bag under the seats for the regular side it will make a difference.

Okay, so I currently have the 750 bag piggybacked with the y-valve for fill and dedicated drain pumps w/ a switch. The 750 currently doesn't get all the way full as it starts to spill out of the vent line were I used the y fitting on the stock thru-hulll vent connection on sac side. It makes sense that if I cross up, use the stk thru-hull vent on other side of BU, I would be able to fill the 750 all the way and not spill out the top 10-15% of the water out the vent connection that is practically at water level on the sac side. Great idea.

But all of the above has nothing to do with siphoning; it's just spilling over. Do I also need to consider moving my drain lines over to the other side? I don't think I have experienced this effect yet, but I also intend to go the the 1100 bag this season. As I'm already thru my second round of plumbing, I'd like to set it up correctly a 3rd and final time!!!!

Yes, I will be reinforcing the engine compartment wall as well which this thread has done a great job of showing.