Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 23 LSV

glenn

Hi everyone. Doing some winter repair on my new used boat and I have a couple of questions. The gelcoat is spider cracking where the tower bases enters the fiberglass. The boat has only a 125 hours on it. Is this a normal problem for this particular boat? I am having it repaired and strengthened but would love to know anyone else's experience.

Also, where do I purchase a pair of tower speakers? While he has the tower off to fix the fiberglass I was going to run the speaker wire in the tower. Any tips on either of these would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Its relatively common because of improper installation. Make sure when the tower is reinstalled they chamfer each and every hole they drill to remount the tower.

Good news is the tower is prewired for speakers and lights, lower the tower and the wires are bunched up in the legs of the tower.

-Chris

Its relatively common because of improper installation. Make sure when the tower is reinstalled they chamfer each and every hole they drill to remount the tower.

Good news is the tower is prewired for speakers and lights, lower the tower and the wires are bunched up in the legs of the tower.

-Chris

Illusion X Tower. I don't see the drilled holes but the fiberglass guy said exactly the same thing. I have already had several spots repaired because of just that. Thanks.