Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Banning ballast on my lake

SeanQ

I'm on Whitewater Lake (in Whitewater)

Is Whitewater the only municipality that touches the lake?

Also, is the Walworth Co. Board aware of the Town's proposal?

Edited by RedOwl
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RTS

• Jimmypooh

• Bawshogg

• SeanQ

Is Whitewater the only municipality that touches the lake?

Also, is the Walworth Co. Board aware of the Town's proposal?

Technically both Richmond and Whitewater touch the lake. The lake management district has notified both towns of what they're trying to do. As far as the Co. board I'm not sure.

Link to initial survey sent out.

Edited by SeanQ

I quite going to our local public lakes because of the Wakeboard boats, the huge wakes almost swallow my LXi, and then I have to listen to the gerk go by with his stereo cranked and sceaming F-bombs every other word. This really makes my blood boil especially when I have my little kids in the boat. How do you explain that to a 3 year old. I'm sure most guys on here are a little more respectful than that. Unfortuenetly, this is the reputation that has been developed.

Its up to the people using the wakeboard boats to change some things. If not, it probably will end with more laws that should not have to be written if just a little common sense was used.

Law enforcement can rack down on the music almost anytime they want if you are underway as under the rules of navigation you would not be operating in a safe manner as the driver would not be able to hear signaling devices. If I were fighting this on a small lake I would start with giving them some sort of rules related to loud music. Every boat is already responsible for their wake so if property is being damaged they can go after the offenders. If the wake is coming from the middle of the lake their property is poorly designed or not properly secured if it is being damaged. Erosion is an easy way to get rules put in place. I doubt that is their primary concern but is an easy way to make something happen. Problem is to many people only care about their own enjoyment and don't consider that others are trying to enjoy the same resources.

All of these arguments are eerily similar to the snowboard/skier debates. The end result will be the same, some don't allow snow boards but most allow both. You pick your vacation location based on your demands and I'm sure some snowboarders sold their homes and moved to mountains that valued their business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...