Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kids on the way so I'm selling my boat!

ColinP

Got it. Hopefully you will be blessed with children when you are ready and then you will see that they are the reason for the boat.

:thumbup: My kids wont be national slalom champs without a boat! :biggrin:

My three little ones were out on a ski boat (my best friends) while they were still on-board mom during her pregnancies...she was not a boat person, but immediately loved being on the water and watching the fun or just sitting up front in the open-bow reading a book. My first boat was and is a 2001 Malibu Response LX which I bought in 2007 and I budgeted for three years to buy it. The kids are now 13, 10, and 8 and all three absolutely LOVE going on the boat (and we are almost done with tubing). My dreams all came true recently when my 13 year old asked me for a wake board so he doesn't have to use my RONIX 1 and my 10 year old daughter asked me a couple days ago if I could take her and her girl friends out on the boat for her July birthday party! My 8 year old heard this and he said he wanted to have a "boat party" with his friends too! It is expensive, but I go out with my family of five almost every weekend during the Bama summers; I know where the kids are and they have grown to love our weekend outings, especially when they get to bring their friends along. The key is to budget for the fun-times during the late fall and winter! DON'T SELL!!! Just add one more lifejacket!!!!!

I used to race quads, and had a few show cars...Need less to say the fam hated car shows and quad racing was really a one man show.. So I purchaced my first boat back in 1996 when my daughter was 2. She has been in that boat ever since...tubing at 2 yrs...Needboarding....Wakeboarding....Sky Ski....and now wakesurfing. I can see us having a boat for a long time, Some day Grand kids....lol