Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stolen Wakeboard found in classifieds

boatswaiyn

act like your going to buy it then roundhouse kick him in the face and walk out with it.

I think I will go over there with some american flag hammer pants and say "you don't want a roundhouse kick to the face in these bad boys do ya now hand it over"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boatswaiyn

• shawndoggy

• jetskipro550

• TallRedRider

For future reference....wakeboards do have serial numbers.

At least my LF does. I would think Ronix would as well.

I looked all over the three boards I have and found nothing. I have a LF, Ronix and a CWB. Where is the number located on your LF?

I looked all over the three boards I have and found nothing. I have a LF, Ronix and a CWB. Where is the number located on your LF?

I'll have to look when I get home, but IIRC it is a silver metallic sticker just below the bottom binding. I'll snap a photo when I get home tonight. I think my O'Brian and the wifes HL has them as well. Sounds like it may not be a hit or miss type senario.

It is always a good idea to put your Initials, a sticker over your initials or name, or some kind of identifing mark on the board somewhere. I like to put my initials under a sticker that is located under the boots. Most people will readjust the boots but not really worry about whats under them. Just my 2 cents....

Now I know what to do if I ever steal your boards!! :lol: I kid, I kid!

I hope the op get his board back and the perp gets some kind of scare put in to him. My parents bought some farm land next to their property

a few years back, complete with an old house and some barns and outbuildings. I have kept my boat over there 'cause I don't have a garage at my house. At the end of last summer my parents were out of town and my sister had went over to feed the dogs. She saw several teenaged boys

tresspassing on the property. When they saw her they ran. She had been storing some things in the old house and she could see a few things had been tampered with but wasn't sure if anything was missing (she later found that a few things had been stolen). She called me to let me know.

I went out there as soon as I could the next day and checked on my boat. It was fine...don't think they had discovered it yet luckily for me (and them). I began to drive around the neigborhood and speak to some of the neighbors to see if anyone knew these punks. The second guy I talked to

had a son who knew some local teen scumbags that might have been the guys and told me where they lived and what their names were. I decided that I would have a little talk with them. My Dad wanted to ride with me so we started toward their house. About then we saw three teenaged boys walking on the side of the road. I stopped and asked them what their names were. The "ringleader" tried to be a smart a** with me and was giving me the who wants to know bs. Well, I was pretty amped up by this time and I think he could see it in my eyes. He finally told me his name and the others which matched what the neighborskid had told me. At this point I had no real proof, just a 99.9% hunch these were the guys.

I accused the leader of tresspassing and burglary. The dumba$$ then told us that he had tresspassed but never stole anything! Lol He said "I didn't

know that it was a problem to climb the fence and go on your property sir" (now I am getting the sir treatment) I said to him "The multiple M-F-ing

no tresspassing signs didn't clue you in?" He said they were from New York and hadn't been down here long and didn't know about the country

For future reference....wakeboards do have serial numbers.

At least my LF does. I would think Ronix would as well.

I was going to write this as well but I wasn't 100% sure. I even think that the recipt that I have for my HL has the serial number on it...

Remember that if he IS the thief, then he knows where you live cause he stole the board out of the boat in your driveway. He could come back and do something really stupid.

I would heed this very seriously.

You already said you don't need the board anymore. Is any of this worth it?

What if he comes by in a month and messes with your car in the driveway or something?

I think I will go over there with some american flag hammer pants and say "you don't want a roundhouse kick to the face in these bad boys do ya now hand it over"

LMAO!! That's totally what you should do. Get some of your Bros from the Dojo to go with. LOL

I would go over and check it out. Make sure it yours and then bluff him (if he doesn't look too dangerous) and tell you have already called the cops and told them about you & my stolen board. So... I'll be taking with me, IF you have a problem with that we can give them a call and wait for them to roll over, then you can give it to me before you go to jail, you theiving POS.

I would guess that he will fall for the bluff. Make sure to posture alot. LOL

Good Luck

Don't forget your Joe Dirt mullet wig.

Remember that if he IS the thief, then he knows where you live cause he stole the board out of the boat in your driveway. He could come back and do something really stupid. I would go over there and ask for your board back nicely, no questions asked, or you'll have to get the police involved. Tell him that it would be much easier for him to give the board back now rather than the alternative.

True. Wonder if there is anyway to go check out the board, decide you don't want it and then steal it back without him knowing.....aka right out of his garage like he did to you. That would be my preference. If that wouldn't work, I would go Levi's route.

True. Wonder if there is anyway to go check out the board, decide you don't want it and then steal it back without him knowing.....aka right out of his garage like he did to you. That would be my preference. If that wouldn't work, I would go Levi's route.

Then you've committed a crime. I don't like that idea at all. Much bigger fan of playing it straight (albeit in the stars and stripes pants and the Joe Dirt mullet wig for show. Probably a leather vest with no shirt underneath as well).

My wife works with local jail inmates and a good friend of mine is a public defender. Neither is worried about bumping into 99% of the folks they see in jail. Most criminals are stupid and commit crimes impulsively. There really aren't that many people that are going to add you to their people to kill list and methodically hunt you down.

remember,he stole it from your yard,he knows where you live. If you take it or report him he may retaliate and it could cost you alot more. Let it go. that board is probably outdated now. Just my 2cents

Joe

If you go there and approach him with the thought, do you know of any certain scratches, nicks, or tears, etc. that you could identify before you see it? Tell him you think it's yours and you'd just like to verify by checking it out. If he balks and won't let you check it you'll know why and could threaten to call the cops with the same story. He may then give it back but as others have said, someone bold enough to steal from you that knows where you live may not be worth the hassle for this. It really sucks how the victims of crimes have to think when trying to get done what is really right in the first place. Good luck!

I agree with the comment(s) that the guy who stole it knows where you live, and if he's a big enough low-life to steal your board, he can surely escalate from there.

I am a big, big believer in karma - sooner or later, the guy's going to get what's coming to him. :lightning:

That said, I would HAVE to call him out, though. I'd probably knock on his door and ask why he felt compelled to steal it. Then I would ask for it back.

Go over there, look it over, and if it's yours, be honest. "Look man, this is my board, it was stolen from me. I'm leaving with this board. I don't want it to be a big deal, but if you're going to make it one, let's call the cops and we'll let them tell us who gets to keep it." Chances are he won't call the bluff. If the cops come and tell you too bad, well then you've at least put a scare into the guy.

:plus1:

This same thing happened to a buddy of mine and a CRF250R. He and several of his larger buddies all went over to "look" at it. He test drove it and burned the guys lawn up. Then rode it up into the back of his truck and left.

That is outstanding, risky, but outstanding. :thumbup:

act like your going to buy it then roundhouse kick him in the face and walk out with it.
What would Chuck Norris do? :lol:

:rofl:

This may indeed be your board but you have no idea how the person selling actually came to be in possession of it. Maybe he bought it with his own hard earned cash from the guy who actually stole it. You come along and says "this is my board and I am taking it" Man that could be one ugly scene.

I would go over with some "buddies" and confront him about it... or go the parents route if you know how to get a hold of them.

let us know what happens!!!

-Paul

Going over there and asking to look at it and then just walking away with it is going to be a bad idea.. you will probably get your a** kicked. Cmon I am sure there will be a scratch or other blemish you personally remember on the board so that you could identify it as your own. The kid is young and if he has the money to shell out on a ronix he must be some what into wakeboarding so talk to him about it, if he doesn't know jack about the sport then he is obviously not a rider. If all else fails talk to the kids parents and let them know you are considering having the police involved.

I retract my advice as I think the best advice has already been given. I would at least make a trip over there and see if you can't get em to confess anyway. Most people when pressured break and can't think fast enough. If you make it into a "I can get the cops unless you want to just hand it over" type thing, he would view you as doing him a favor (not calling the cops) and hence wouldn't want to come back to your place and screw with your stuff.

In any event thieves suck, had a snowboard jacked once. I searched ebay for months afterwards, but never saw it listed. It's ultimately up to you what you want to do, but if it were me I'd definitely be giving him a visit.

Let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

I would bring several friends when you go look at it. Heck, I would go with you if I didn't live in St. George. Bigger friends would be a nice addition. Maybe some paint on tattoos above the neck. Sounds like he has already proven he doesn't know where the board came from.

I'd definitely go over there with interest to buy the board. If it's yours and I'm sure it is, just tell him straight up "This is my board, it was stolen from me, I'm taking it back, if you want to argue about it, I'll happily call the cops." I HIGHLY doubt he'll argue with you, this isn't his profession, he'll realize hes wrong prob say nothing more than "ok" and watch you leave. You do it like that and he's not going to chase you down. I would go with 1 or two friends. Having your cop friend come and just "make visible" his badge if he argues would probably set the tone.

Than when you get home you should sign on to the crew and send a message to TrickyNicky saying you'd like to give him the board for his excellent and SO UNIQUE advice.

I don't own a gun, do I need to get one to pull off your plan? We were thinking of meeting up to buy the board and then just taking it and if he has a problem than he can report it stolen. I don't know how good of an idea this is because this guy could be some lunatic and then I would end up in the news getting shot over a wakeboard.

Gosh no! No wakeboard is worth that.