Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1st Inboard and Malibu

BlknYlwT22

Nice boat, and welcome!!! Now get ready for a long winter. If you are like me you may do a little garage boating, have a beer or two and dream of the warm sun and water that is sure to come later! :rofl:

thanks! yes this winter is going to feel awfully long. i had to put my car away already and i thought that was bad. now i have to wait to get a boat in the water that i haven't even gotten the opportunity to drive. it's going to be rough but it gives me lots of time to learn.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

And don't worry, we'll help you spend your money on all of those things that you had no idea you couldn't live without. :) Welcome, & congratulations. Yellow is my (very close) second favorite color.

ha i have no doubt that that will happen. thanks! I wasn't to keen on the yellow at first. I wanted a slate gray but now that I've been around the boat I absolutley love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 2004 Malibu Wakesetter VLX a few weeks ago. The boat was shipped at the end of last week and I received it on Sunday. Needless to say I am extremely pleased and can't wait for warmer weather in the spring. The boat has 98 hours on it, tower with speakers, Sony head unit and speakers/sub, 2 batteries, wedge, and more. This is my first inboard and Malibu and need some tips on how to use this boat to its fullest. Not too familiar with any of the systems like the ballasts and wedge. I know what they are and that they create a bigger wake but am not sure how much water should be put in the ballasts and when. Same goes for perfect pass. I'm sorry that I am a noob and if you think these questions are dumb. It'll probably end up being a situation where the more I play around with the boat the more I will understand.

CIMG0370.jpg

IMG00042-20101017-1128.jpg

IMG00043-20101017-1129.jpg

hey 2004,

Are you from Mi?

Couldn't help but notice the edge of the trailer plate.

hey 2004,

Are you from Mi?

Couldn't help but notice the edge of the trailer plate.

no but im not far. my family lives in South Bend, IN and the boat is down in Leesburg on Lake Tippecanoe The boats plate is a California plate but i can see the resemblance.

Hey 2004,

Have you been around and driven inboards before? If you haven't, is there an inboard shop nearby? Just to learn things like manueavaring, docking, etc.

Steve B.

i have driven a prostar 190 and a sport natique numerous times so I do have some experience. I have also spent some time as the passenger on a ski centurion. i know that the MC was not a fun boat to park and that is definitely something I am going to have to work on.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

Congrats on the boat, like the color.

To keep mice away I've used Irish Spring soap, place the bars in plastic cups and leave then in the cup holders. An old farm lady recommended it and I've never had a problem. The added bonus is the boat smells good when you open it up.

Congrats on the boat, like the color.

To keep mice away I've used Irish Spring soap, place the bars in plastic cups and leave then in the cup holders. An old farm lady recommended it and I've never had a problem. The added bonus is the boat smells good when you open it up.

thanks. the exhaust has been taped shut and I'm going to have to add these cups with the Irish Spring soap in them when I put the Jet Ski away this weekend. thanks for the tip