Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter projects?

Bill_AirJunky

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Levi900RR

• old skool malibu

• Ndawg12

Yes, all the docks on the lake are floating style as well as all the lifts and yes it is frozen solid in the laKe, enough to hold my 200lbs jumping up and down.

The water level goes up and down 4ft every day during regular season due to the hydroelectric dam. I've always assumed that's why all the docks are floatation type.

I gotta look into that up here, if I could come up with some sort of dock I could leave in all year it would really help me out. There are about 300 stairs that are between my place and the beach...

"The boat is in the building"

I hauled it down Saturday night to one of our heated warehouses close to the lake, so I can start on the projects soon. Dropped it off, turned around and drove back home. So here's a good one:

Last night my wife suggests we go to the lake this upcoming weekend. Grandma wants to see the kids, and they can sleep over at her place. My first thought = Perfect! Then I can work on the boat Saturday night! Before I can verbalize that, she says then we can go out somewhere for dinner, movie, etc. I guess that'll be fun too. I guess.

"The boat is in the building"

I hauled it down Saturday night to one of our heated warehouses close to the lake, so I can start on the projects soon. Dropped it off, turned around and drove back home. So here's a good one:

Last night my wife suggests we go to the lake this upcoming weekend. Grandma wants to see the kids, and they can sleep over at her place. My first thought = Perfect! Then I can work on the boat Saturday night! Before I can verbalize that, she says then we can go out somewhere for dinner, movie, etc. I guess that'll be fun too. I guess.

Dinner=delivery pizza to where you store the boat.

Movie=bring your laptop and a DVD to watch while you work on the boat !

Perfect nite out, ha.

Steve B.

(ya, I'm single)

My trailer skids were worn out and some had come off. I didn't want to pay 100 or more for new skids. So, I went to a local metal shop and bought a half of a diamond plate sheet. I cut and pop riveted them to the trailer.

post-9503-081297200 1297373937_thumb.jpg

post-9503-009170800 1297373950_thumb.jpg

Edited by onthelake

Very nice but I think the bracing specs call for a thru-bolt every 1/2 beer bottle rather than 3/4...

the beer bottle is to show that it was a one beer job. :)

Edited by Ruffdog
  • 3 years later...

Here's the one I'll hopefully get for mine. It might give you some ideas. I think it looks pretty killer....

OTB.jpg

OTB2.jpg

Hi, I love the look of that over the top bimini. Are they still available? If so where could I get one. To complicate things even more, I live in Australia

martinarcher

Hi, I love the look of that over the top bimini. Are they still available? If so where could I get one. To complicate things even more, I live in Australia

I got mine through Star One Wake. I would contact them to see if they are still available. I highly recommend this bimini - we love ours!