Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter projects?

Bill_AirJunky

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Levi900RR

• Bill_AirJunky

• Ndawg12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool!! So how does that feel on the feet? Why didn't you go with vinyl? Because the moisture can get in between? This idea seems pretty good, but I would worry about direct water exposure. Is there any sort of vinyl mat preventing water from going between the floor and side of the boat? How often do you need to re sand and paint?

Cool!! So how does that feel on the feet? Why didn't you go with vinyl? Because the moisture can get in between? This idea seems pretty good, but I would worry about direct water exposure. Is there any sort of vinyl mat preventing water from going between the floor and side of the boat? How often do you need to re sand and paint?

It feels fine on the feet, when your on your knees working on something... now thats another story. Correct on the Vinyl, I didnt want there to be any place for water to hide. I'm not sure what you mean about water going beterrn the floor and the side of the boat. IF I did the prep work better I wouldn't have to be sanding and re-painting :biggrin:

All in all, I love not having carpet. Its so easy to clean and by the time I get back from the lake the whole boat is dry as a bone!

I figure with better prep I should be able to get 5 years out of the paint.

The boat gets stored 250 miles away, so projects will be -

Save cash for a Wedge, Stainless Exhaust tips and an Amp.

Build a 120 pound robot with a group of high school kids.

Anxiously wait for April.

I have a running list much like Levi900. Haven't been able to expend a lot of my budget for the boat this year cause I'm saving for my wedding/honeymoon next year. But, as far as projects go...

1. LEDs (Underwater and to replace the factory lighting)

2. Finish up my wedge conversion to Stainless

3. Wet sand, buff, and wax gelcoat (Black Hull)

4. Build a new sub box

5. Replace batteries and check wiring

6. New alternator?

7. Trailer bunks & carpet

8. LED trailer lights

9. New Prop

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of it right now.

Edited by JBuck

So you can see here, when I tore the carpet out of my boat the sides were very rough and un-finished. I was pressed for time when I did the first round so I just painted over it. I want to sand this part flat I might need to use a little fiberglass body filler to smooth it out I'm not sure.

That is the main reason I want to re-paint my floor. That might clear up my previous post.

:crazy:

post-7837-128646987994_thumb.jpg

I have a running list much like Levi900. Haven't been able to expend a lot of my budget for the boat this year cause I'm saving for my wedding/honeymoon next year. But, as far as projects go...

1. LEDs (Underwater and to replace the factory lighting)

2. Finish up my wedge conversion to Stainless

3. Wet sand, buff, and wax gelcoat (Black Hull)

4. Build a new sub box

5. Replace batteries and check wiring

6. New alternator?

7. Trailer bunks & carpet

8. LED trailer lights

9. New Prop

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of it right now.

That reminds me I want a new prop... :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Winter projects...

For the boat:

Replace the vinyl on the observers seat (yours truly was soldering a stereo connection and the solder dropped to the one spot the towel wasn't)

Make a glove bag for the back of the engine compartment, it was completely missing when I restored the boat a couple of years ago.

Home:

Already underway, add a bathroom and remodel my basement.

Lake house:

Finish adding a shower to the downstairs bathroom

work on rebuilding and adding to the seawall. We've had some major storms there this summer and a tree came down and took out part of the seawall.

Rebuild my motorcycle.

I think that's enough.

Winter projects..

Replace stereo head unit with unit that has usb port.

Raise the bimini top for head room.

add padding under the rear locker lids (badly scarred)

re-paint trailer. Gotta love a white trailer with rust specks all over.

I gave up snowmobiling because it got to expensive.

Good thing I got into boating!

The boat gets stored 250 miles away, so projects will be -

Save cash for a Wedge, Stainless Exhaust tips and an Amp.

Build a 120 pound robot with a group of high school kids.

Anxiously wait for April.

Sweet! I'm a mentor and help a local group of kids do a battle bot every year as well. Our kick off meeting is tomorrow!

We won it two years ago and took second last year. Rockon.gif

Bots are a blast. I also mentor a group of 6th through 12th graders in BEST Robotics competition. Won regional competition last weekend in Nashville TN and headed to Auburn Alabama for the Southeast regional competition the weekend before Thanksgiving. Last year went all the way to nationals and ended up in third there at Dallas Texas.

I have to pretty up the RGB led install I did.

add seadeck or gator grip? under the rear locker lids

polish out the few scratches on the bow and transom

Tune up the stereo, and maybe change out the tower speakers.

Add some leds to the cupholders, has anyone seen a small rgb led that would be able to mount in there?

Maybe put in a for sale sign............as long as the boss agrees to let me order the new one!!!!

I have to pretty up the RGB led install I did.

add seadeck or gator grip? under the rear locker lids

polish out the few scratches on the bow and transom

Tune up the stereo, and maybe change out the tower speakers.

Add some leds to the cupholders, has anyone seen a small rgb led that would be able to mount in there?

Maybe put in a for sale sign............as long as the boss agrees to let me order the new one!!!!

I think it was mextex who provided this link a few weeks ago, on cupholder LED's"

Cup LED's

He and martinarcher had some great pic's and posts about their LED's, I think on Stereo or DIY section's here.

Steve B.

I have already installed some RGB strips in the vents and inside the boat. I was hoping to get a small RGB color changing led that I could mount in the cupholders. Mine aren't quite as bright as Martinarchers, but it does work ok for now.

New head unit for bluetooth streaming and after reading this thread, that padding treatment under my locker doors in the back. (any link to those pictures of 06vlx?)

Put a little lift on the Jeep, new rubber and some sway bars.

Otherwise, I'm dialed in and plan on skiing all winter (snow and water) !

That's not nice. The water is pretty hard every more up here now!!!

It's OK. We all know he's the exception to the rule. Most Californians can't handle water below about 60. And they start bundling up when the air temp gets as low as 70 :crazy:

I can't tell you how many times we've skied Christmas at Canyon or the Parker Strip, or New Years at Naciemento or Shasta & been the ONLY boat out there..... even though it was 80 degrees out & water temps were in the 50s. :rockon:

Enjoy it while ya got it, NorCalibu. :thumbup:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Sweet! I'm a mentor and help a local group of kids do a battle bot every year as well. Our kick off meeting is tomorrow!

We won it two years ago and took second last year. Rockon.gif

Bots are a blast. I also mentor a group of 6th through 12th graders in BEST Robotics competition. Won regional competition last weekend in Nashville TN and headed to Auburn Alabama for the Southeast regional competition the weekend before Thanksgiving. Last year went all the way to nationals and ended up in third there at Dallas Texas.

I work with a FIRST Robotics team. Have been a mentor for 10 years. Love it. All three kids have been on the team.

It's OK. We all know he's the exception to the rule. Most Californians can't handle water below about 60. And they start bundling up when the air temp gets as low as 70 :crazy:

That's what's so great. No knuckleheads until next May. :yahoo:

Enjoy it while ya got it, NorCalibu. :thumbup:

Absolutely. I think I ski more times per month from September to May than I do from May to September. Have I ever mentioned that I hate tubes? :innocent:

Winter slalom rocks! :rockon:

Major Stereo Overhaul By Excile Audio...Three amps, New 800 W Sub, With Custom Box, Dual Batt setup, And re wire all speakers.... They have the boat as we type.. And LEDs Through out the interior. Going with Bright Blue. Also Putting them in the rear vents. Thought about the front vents, But might be in for some police trouble if i used blue.. Thought about red on one side and green on the other to match the Nav lights, Any thoughts on that??:dontknow:

Major Stereo Overhaul By Excile Audio...Three amps, New 800 W Sub, With Custom Box, Dual Batt setup, And re wire all speakers.... They have the boat as we type.. And LEDs Through out the interior. Going with Bright Blue. Also Putting them in the rear vents. Thought about the front vents, But might be in for some police trouble if i used blue.. Thought about red on one side and green on the other to match the Nav lights, Any thoughts on that??:dontknow:

I like the Idea of matching the Nav lights. I did that witht the solar lights on the end of my dock so its unique on the lake.