Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter projects?

Bill_AirJunky

You mite consider having a good welder chop the top of your tower down,flaten it out and then drop a new bimini on top . A new project for photoshop? They do this type of thing all day long on TV car shows.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Levi900RR

• old skool malibu

• Ndawg12

Man, I hear that. So how to keep from lookin ricer, but put still have that muscle car look? :crazy:

My take was always wide stripes, close together look mean! Skiny stripes with a big space between, not so mean.

I wasn't even thinking ricer or muscle car. My thought was more like "hmmmm, if I poke four holes in my bimini so I can mount this airsling, I could cover them with some red stripes when I sell." Then I started thinking those red stripes would look pretty sweet, airsling or not. Then I started thinking it would really look good if those stripes came to a point in the front and flared out to about four inches at the back. Then I started thinking I should try to talk Bill into doing it because I knew he would photo shop it and I could see if I like it or not. Yes, I had a busy day.

Oh yeah, I am also planning to do the 06vlx padding under the rear locker lid trick. My gel already has significant scarring after only 100 hours. It does buff right out, but the day will come when it won't.

06vlx................where did you get the material? I looked for the thread, but can't find it. Thanks!

I've got a little of the hydroturf black "cut groove" laying around with the adhesive all ready on it. Let me know if you or anyone is interested in a few small peices and what dimensions and I'll see if I've got it.

Hope you're buying a new 'bu skier 88.

My winter boat projects are refinish the swim platform, LED lights like MexTex ! Maybe new speakers. Adjust/rebuild the throttle assembly. It's good going into reverse, but you dont even feel the notch going into forward.

Oh, ya, bimini for me too, but a cheapie.

Steve B.

Winter projects that are on the list so far:

-Add the GPS to speed control instead of paddle wheel

-Add sub & amp to stereo

-Before spring get new wakeboard & surfer

Hope you're buying a new 'bu skier 88.

My winter boat projects are refinish the swim platform, LED lights like MexTex ! Maybe new speakers. Adjust/rebuild the throttle assembly. It's good going into reverse, but you dont even feel the notch going into forward.

Oh, ya, bimini for me too, but a cheapie.

Steve B.

Oh, after this community, I wouldn't buy anything else. I just have too much going on right now and could use the extra cash. I'm sure martinarcher will vouch for the Skier, its truely a cherry. I'd hate to sell but at this point I just need to. let me know if you know anyone interested.

I've got a little of the hydroturf black "cut groove" laying around with the adhesive all ready on it. Let me know if you or anyone is interested in a few small peices and what dimensions and I'll see if I've got it.

I'm interested. Let me take some measurements today to see if you have enough. I'll send a pm later. Thanks.

I'm interested. Let me take some measurements today to see if you have enough. I'll send a pm later. Thanks.

Boy have I got a list. $2,200. The budgetary review process will be more lengthy than usual this winter.

post-8942-12863783858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michigan boarder

To do:

• Minor gelcoat repairs
  • Wet sand, buff, polish gelcoat
  • Modify rear ballast plumbing (It doesn't drain properly)
  • Replace front cabin speakers
  • Buy 2 new batteries and double check wiring
  • Maybe replace alternator with a larger one
  • Replace Malibu decals after the gelcoat restoration
  • Minor trailer rehab (replace bunk carpet, etc)
  • Tune up
  • replace fuel sender

Is that enough to keep me busy??? :thumbup:

Edited by Bu hoo

My project is finding and installing a tower. hopfully used. my sky pole works fine but the cable to the front cuts off the bow seating. my plans next summer include extended trips with many people so I need the room.

My project is finding and installing a tower. hopfully used. my sky pole works fine but the cable to the front cuts off the bow seating. my plans next summer include extended trips with many people so I need the room.

To bad we're so far apart... one of my to do's is to sell the Barewest tower and Bimini I removed from my 01 Wakesetter :whistle:

I'm going to:

- Reinforce my trunk and plumb in 500lbs automatic ballast.

- Replace ill fitting ski locker ballast bag with custom 400lb bag.

- Sand down and refinish swim platform.

- Install a canopy and crank motor on my boat lift.

That should keep me busy and get rid of any extra money I have!

Edited by msuwaterski

I have a running Project list. Not restricted to Winter...

1) Finish Ballast system

a) get a wakesurfer

2) Re-sand floor and re-paint

3) Replace Gauges

4) Replace steering wheel

5) Add LED interior lighting and under water lighting.

6) wetsand, buff, wax gel coat

7) Replace Trailer lighting with LED, sandblast and re-paint Trailer.

8) Update Stereo

:crazy:

I'm going to:

- Reinforce my trunk and plumb in 500lbs automatic ballast.

- Replace ill fitting ski locker ballast bag with custom 400lb bag.

- Sand down and refinish swim platform.

- Install a canopy and crank motot on my boat lift.

That should keep me busy and get rid of any extra money I have!

What's a motot? Is that a tote bag that will hold mo?Tease2.gif

I'd be interested in that ski locker bag. My cash is dried up 'till February for now. I'm setting up for occasional wakesurfing.

1) Finish Ballast system

a) get a wakesurfer

3) Replace Gauges

8) Update Stereo

Crazy.gif

Man, that's a list!

Edited by Michigan boarder

1) Finish Ballast system

a) get a wakesurfer

3) Replace Gauges

8) Update Stereo

:crazy:

Must take pictures. I will be following with great interest. :thumbup:

" Install a canopy and crank motor on my boat lift."

I installed a new motor on my lift a year ago and went with the Hewitt direct drive. It is a good set up if you can use it. Very nice to get red of the chain drive.

1) Finish Ballast system

a) get a wakesurfer

3) Replace Gauges

8) Update Stereo

Crazy.gif

What a list..... what do you mean by re-sand floor and re-paint, isn't your floor carpeted?Unsure.gif

Replace the wedge foil bolts as a preventive measure.

The surf side locker has gotten a little damaged from the 750. I am going to reinforce it.

Cruising this thread looking for ideas. I am liking the idea of protection the gel under the lockers. Mine will be white to match the gel....no fancy colors. :)

Edited by Ruffdog