Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

September boating

obski

We got out today for another awesome day in October. It was 69F air with 62F water and nothing but sun and glass. What a great day. After spending the afternoon on the river we all hit Red Robin - Peach Iced Tea and a Guacamole Burger. Great day!

Ha! Same temps here too. Afterwards it was ribs & 'ritas at Texas Roadhouse! :rockon:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't put a crew together tonight, but definitely going out tomorrow night.

Went out in the downpour last weekend, hooray for heated garages. They must be getting ready to drop the water level at Fern Ridge because they were pulling sail boats out left and right last weekend.

71887_486568423131_506173131_7063389_1051538_n.jpg

Edited by DRAGON88

We are trying a camping and boating trip next week - Thursday - Saturday at Dale Hollow.

Temps supposed to be 40 - 70. We may wimp out and rent a camping cabin instead of the tent, but the lake should be awesome and quiet, especially on the week days.

They must be getting ready to drop the water level at Fern Ridge because they were pulling sail boats out left and right last weekend.

How can you drop the water for something that is only 3 feet deep to begin with?..... :whistle:

We paddled a couple miles of the Spokane River east of downtown this evening. A ton pf planes, trains & automobiles in that part of town (Felts field, the main train line & 5:00 traffic on Argonne), but the river was GLASSSSSSS :rockon:

1014101640.jpg

26229_115073181843149_100000214033004_288306_4773304_n.jpg

:drool: That's what our lake looked like this morning. :yes: Water is still hovering around 70° but the air was only 56° at 8:00 AM. Glass from 8:00 - 10:45. :clap: No other boats out. No tubers!!! :yahoo:

..... haven't seen a tuber in a while

Isn't that the BEST?!

Had to spend most of the day workin on the house. But managed to get out for a run late this afternoon. 74 degree air, 58 degree water. And like 2 other boat out..... both fishermen. :rockon:

We got out today. Most likely the last time before we put her up for winter. :cry:

About air temp 60 when we got there, water temp 57. Ooooonly boat out there for a while. By the time we left the air was 70, and the water had warmed 1 degree.

Counted a dozen boats in the area by then. I think everybody knew this was gonna be the last nice day we have before it starts dumpin snow.

Boat is being put away Tuesday. Hard to get a crew motivated to go out, even though its been glass with 70 air / 60 water. 95hrs for the season and great year overall!!

Some of you guys are putting the boats away with the water temp still above 60? What's up with that! We're planning on heading out tomorrow and it's in the 50's. No ice yet. LOL.gif

Yup!!! :rockon:

Forcast is for high 50s/low 60s tomorrow. I have more work to do on the house..... and a page out to a few guys to go out & ride as time permits.

It's a great time to be on the water!! :rockon:

All these pictures make me envious!!! But I am 11 hours away from home and I get a call from home, a bunch of friends got together and winterized their boats today. They even went and took mine and winterized it for me. And then they put it back in my garage.

Nice to know that you have good friends. Going to be a looooonnng winter!!

Got out yesterday late morning for almost 4 hours.......water was 52 / 54 depending on depth, air got up to 64..........no other boats, water was like glass

and I am really thankful I just had heaters put in the BU........man that is nice option

couple more runs left

and ps......have 130 hours so far for her first year

Edited by board brained

Well, we got out and floated in the fog for an hour on Tuesday, air 38, water? ...never lifted and had to go to work. :Frustrated: maybe that belongs in the October boating thread..