Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pop-up Bow Navigation Lights

SunriseH2OSkier

I guess I must be too cheap. I can’t see replacing something that works fine. And replacing it with something with moving parts…sooner or later it’s going to break. Hang on to the old light assembly as a spare.

I don't really cruise at night all that often, so wear isn't really an issue, as it stays flush mostly, It's quite good quality, all stainless, and Improves the sleekness. Plus you don't snag any important body parts on the light when going over the bow, the duck takes care of that. I think I paid $129 for it. I always customize and replace parts, and do it myself to save on the labour costs. It's just kind of my hobby to always be doing stuff to my boat.

post-10521-128512901739_thumb.jpg

I don't really cruise at night all that often, so wear isn't really an issue, as it stays flush mostly, It's quite good quality, all stainless, and Improves the sleekness. Plus you don't snag any important body parts on the light when going over the bow, the duck takes care of that. I think I paid $129 for it. I always customize and replace parts, and do it myself to save on the labour costs. It's just kind of my hobby to always be doing stuff to my boat.

Oh, customizing is a great thing to do no doubt. Like I said, I’m too cheap. When I see something on someone else’s boat I admire what they have done. Like your duck for instance…very cool. As for the important body parts…I can relate.

Oh, customizing is a great thing to do no doubt. Like I said, I’m too cheap. When I see something on someone else’s boat I admire what they have done. Like your duck for instance…very cool. As for the important body parts…I can relate.

Thanks, I love the Duck, everyone seems to like it, except the wife, she thinks its stupid, good thing I don't ask her about anything to do with customizing, I just do it. :cheers::argue:

• 9 months later...

Has anyone had any problems with the reliability of these pop up lights? I am now replacing my second one on a 2009 boat. The first one did not have a "sock" covering the wires so the flipping up and down stripped the wires then of course they kept shorting out fuses. I replaced that one with a newer version that has a "sock sleeve" that covers the wire and that one went out while watching fireworks during the 4th. The bulb looked to be intact and I couldn't find any bare wires but the darn fuse kept blowing. PIA! The mechanics of a flip up light just seem odd to me with you are dealing with electrical wires that can fray. Anyone else?

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, 19budman said:

Looking for an OEM pop-up navigation light for a 2002 LSV. Mine stopped working.

The light stopped working, or the pivot doesn't work anymore?