Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am Still In Shock

rodman

I wouldn't call them non-boaters, those guys are in. I'm guessing that aside from financial help, they helped launch, tie, cover, reel, wipedown, etc. too!

Right on MB they helped do everything. All I did was cook and they even did the dishes and cleaned the camp up.

What I meant about non-boaters is that they did not own boats. In fact one of them was never in a boat. That same guy couldn't even swim and I had him on a board by the end of the week.

Here is the best part never a argument or even a cross word at each other. Two of them I never met before and the other only met a few times. Have been on many trips with the wife, girlfriends,kids there is always some kind of BS. These guys are golden in my books

thats like the frosting on the cake - you can get some folks out on the water who appreciate the experience and understand the costs. I've got a pretty steady crew that always leave a deposit in the glove-box - I let one guy drive and he took out my prop (end of the day) he showed up at my house with a new prop and a couple beers to assist on the install....

thats like the frosting on the cake - you can get some folks out on the water who appreciate the experience and understand the costs. I've got a pretty steady crew that always leave a deposit in the glove-box - I let one guy drive and he took out my prop (end of the day) he showed up at my house with a new prop and a couple beers to assist on the install....

That is cool that your bud showed up with a prop.

I have one rule with any of my equipment you break it you fix it. bring it back the way you got it. And please do not insult me by saying here is the money. I want it fixed by you.

That is pretty good of the guy to buy a new prop. Unfortunately I for some reason cannot seem to find friends who have any inclination of the cost of boating, never has anyone offered to pay for fuel or buy us lunch or anything so they are starting to seem a little ungrateful. Just means the wife and I are starting to spend more time just floating because it feels like people are abusing us by asking to come and then just saying thanks and see you later at the end of the day. Anyway that is all the rant I have in me for today and glad to hear all of your stories of the good folks out there who do understand. Cheers