Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom guards

88Skier

If you place the TS too far back on the platform - towards the boat (like I did) you can't tilt the platform up high enough to get it on/off.  That was a bummer to have to re-drill it all.

Excellent point, Andy. And hopefully that will save more than a few from making the same mistake.

But can't you line it up so it is flush with the inside edge of the platform? Otherwise the platform is probably too close to the transom?

Don't have my boat here to take a look but on tho RLXi, I seem to remember the teak transom saver covers the Malibu on the back and also hits the lifting rings. As such, I never installed it.

As a result, I have 2 sets, never user. One for a RLX and the other for the RLXi. I picked these up last summer when I was in Tenn. They each have 4 blocks and stainless screws.

The RLX should be OK but without some cutting on the one for the RLXi, don't think it will work.

$55 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

/Steve

All,

I just talked to Tommy at TW, and he is a good old boy, non-boater. He had no idea about the purpose of the Wedge door or the concern about it openning to a vertical position. He said that they have platforms their, and he would mill out the part by the door. So, in the future it should be no problem for people to get a slightly modified transom saver.

I should get mine in a week.

Joe W.

Andy, are you going to order a new & improved TG? denjoe, Thanks for getting this straightened out before I ordered mine.

No, it's not that big of a deal. Instead of lifting completely vertical, it's hindered about 25%. This is a bummer, but not significant enough for me to go through the hassle of buying a new one and installing it. If I really cared about it, I'd take it off and fix it myself.