Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RLXi vs MC197TT

martho

Malibu will still build you a Response LX. Set it up with the SSP and you have the skiing versatility at the cost of some space. Still the best looking boat Malibu ever made by a long shot. :)

^^ best option

I think that Peter still has that beauty with the LS3 that he's using until he sells. :love:

You might want to contact a couple of the barefoot schools and discuss the boats they use, as an example Ron Scarpa still uses the 03-06 LXi and does not use the newer version. My experience footing behind a 197 still left me preferring the SV23 hull so I would recommend trying before buying. The 03-06 LXi still ranks as one of the best slalom hulls and also a top pick for footing. The MC 197 does not have the grunt or top end of any of the LXi's I have been behind.

What up Martho? Ditto what DW said. When I upgraded two years ago I was in the same situation, deciding between the 197 and the RLXI. I have a couple friends with later model 197's that I drive & ski regularly so plenty of experience with those. Hands down my '05 LXI just drives better and skis better. PLUS the bow in the 197 is suitable only for a couple of kids. In my LXI with the filler cushion my wife and I can lounge out comfortably no problem. So beside being a world class slalom boat it's a pretty decent family boat too. I'm not too familiar with the LXI's newer than '06 so really can't comment on that. However I have no intensions of trading out of my '05 anytime in the forseeable future because it's just too awsome to ski/drive. And I've got way more hours on mine too, about 380 now. It will see a bunch more before I even consider trading for something newer.

Ed

What up Martho? Ditto what DW said. When I upgraded two years ago I was in the same situation, deciding between the 197 and the RLXI. I have a couple friends with later model 197's that I drive & ski regularly so plenty of experience with those. Hands down my '05 LXI just drives better and skis better. PLUS the bow in the 197 is suitable only for a couple of kids. In my LXI with the filler cushion my wife and I can lounge out comfortably no problem. So beside being a world class slalom boat it's a pretty decent family boat too. I'm not too familiar with the LXI's newer than '06 so really can't comment on that. However I have no intensions of trading out of my '05 anytime in the forseeable future because it's just too awsome to ski/drive. And I've got way more hours on mine too, about 380 now. It will see a bunch more before I even consider trading for something newer.

Ed

:plus1: I love my '05 and have no plans on trading down to a newer model.