Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to Barefoot?

KRMartin123

This has been mentioned dozens of times on this board, but it cannot be repeated enough. DO NOT cross your legs over the rope. When the handle pops out and your legs are crossed over the rope, where do you think the handle is going to go???

I see your point even though I never had anything happen to me. An aborted pass always ended up with the handle going between my legs with no harm done; though I see the potential for danger. Seems similar in potential for accidents as performing any "wrapped" maneuver on the wakeboard.

So why does anyone want to do this again?

Good question. I don't see the thrill either. And, I've tried it.

Cause it's that first five seconds thing! It is a really amazing feeling to glide along the water on just your feet

You should really try hydrofoiling. Forget about 5 secs. of greatness, you get the flight of your life for as long as you can hold on. And, you can do a lot of big air tricks. :tomato:

Good question. I don't see the thrill either. And, I've tried it.

You should really try hydrofoiling. Forget about 5 secs. of greatness, you get the flight of your life for as long as you can hold on. And, you can do a lot of big air tricks. :tomato:

hydrofoil.jpg

You mean like this? :rofl:

Guys, I'm just saying if you have a boat capable of setting up a boom, then do it. Yes, you could jump in behind an I/O if that's all you have, but if you already have the ski boat then why not get the boom set up too? I do a short line off the boom, so almost the real deal but not quite. I've used the boom to get others footing, teach young kids to wakeboard and ski. I pretty much am a bull in a china shop - if it doesn't work, power thru it. But footing long line is still out of my grasp. Footing short line is totally there, a good time and a good workout. Just my two cents!