Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color Options

Malibuzer

Reviving an old thread. We are looking hard at something new again. After seeing the stratospheric blue in person it may be at the top of the list. What other nice color combos have you seen out there? I am trying to be a little different than what we have at our local lakes. I really like this used atomic orange VLX at my local dealer. Unfortunately, it looks to be a discontinued color. He even had the fenders painted to match the atomic orange on the boat. This thing looks twice as nice in person.

By the way, I think it is still for sale!! :whistle:

stevemclvlx_6_.jpg

Farout that looks similar to my boat hahaha....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuzer

• old skool malibu

• Bobby Light

• Koop

What about the shipping costs? When I try to buy online, the shipping costs show it will be $230 us.

I had my order shipped to Oroville Wash. (20 min. south of Penticton). Company there only charges $5 per package if you pick it up within 5 business days. I do seem to remember cross border shipping being rather crazy. Could check to see if they have something similar in Montana? Better yet get the boys at Wizard to start carrying the stuff. Of all the things i've bought for my first boat, this is my wife's favourite........10-15 minutes wiping at the ramp vs 1-2 hours scrubbing in the driveway!

Cheers

Koop

Thanks Randy. No, still want to be part of the club. Maybe it just has to be changed to the black iris and silver or orange club? :dontknow:

It still does not match the motor home much better, but i may have to look into an atomic orange or silver accent stripe on the rolling turd!

I had my order shipped to Oroville Wash. (20 min. south of Penticton). Company there only charges $5 per package if you pick it up within 5 business days. I do seem to remember cross border shipping being rather crazy. Could check to see if they have something similar in Montana? Better yet get the boys at Wizard to start carrying the stuff. Of all the things i've bought for my first boat, this is my wife's favourite........10-15 minutes wiping at the ramp vs 1-2 hours scrubbing in the driveway!

Cheers

Koop

I prefer the 40% viniger and 60% water mix! But if you want to go in on a bunch of hot sauce I am sure we could work out a deal!

• 2 months later...

:mad::rant::vomit::dontknow::throwpc:

As you can tell, I am not one bit happy! 3 and a half months after Malibu agreed to build my boat in Atomic Orange, they tell my dealer today that they can't do it. The 12th was my spray date and 2 days later I'm told no. This was accepted in writing from the big boys at Malibu! :rtfm:

This really burns my a$$! We have already starting buying some extra goodies for the boat to match the orange. And I ordered a white powder coated trailer from Extreme to match the hammered finish of the white tower. Now I have to start over with the color options. Not only that but if I don;t get the color done right away I may lose my spray date. I am tempted to cancel my order. If I still had my old boat this order would be canceled for sure.

It took months to decide on the color. We wanted something different than what is at our lake already.

Sorry for the rant. I am just really ticked right now.

So any new opinions for any of the other colors?

:mad::rant::vomit::dontknow::throwpc:

As you can tell, I am not one bit happy! 3 and a half months after Malibu agreed to build my boat in Atomic Orange, they tell my dealer today that they can't do it. The 12th was my spray date and 2 days later I'm told no. This was accepted in writing from the big boys at Malibu! :rtfm:

This really burns my a$$! We have already starting buying some extra goodies for the boat to match the orange. And I ordered a white powder coated trailer from Extreme to match the hammered finish of the white tower. Now I have to start over with the color options. Not only that but if I don;t get the color done right away I may lose my spray date. I am tempted to cancel my order. If I still had my old boat this order would be canceled for sure.

It took months to decide on the color. We wanted something different than what is at our lake already.

Sorry for the rant. I am just really ticked right now.

So any new opinions for any of the other colors?

Sucks.

Did they discontinue the orange altogether?

From WW, vapor blue looks pretty sick, but only if you use a lot of it:

post-12034-007175200 1302830321_thumb.jp

The whole thread with lots of other boats in combo with white grey and black:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786742

Good luck.

Edited by jk13

Sucks.

Did they discontinue the orange altogether?

From WW, vapor blue looks pretty sick, but only if you use a lot of it:

post-12034-007175200 1302830321_thumb.jp

The whole thread with lots of other boats in combo with white grey and black:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786742

Good luck.

Actually they discontinued the Atomic Orange last year. But they agreed to do a few boats for my dealer. I know of at least one other customer that is going to cancel his order. It wouldn't have been a big deal if we were told no at the time we were picking colors.

Crap! I'm chapped, and it's not even my boat! Pick another color and get that boat built!

Me too. I am in the middle of playing a waiting game. Very frustrated. Finally order a brand new boat, and design it exactly the way I want and then.....poof it's gone. I have looked hard at the Nautique 210 this year. I am lucky that my dealer has 2 great brands to choose from.

That sucks......If you wanna stand out the black and lime green combo looks sick! Seen one at my dealer last spring, very unique looking ride / not sure about re-sale though??

Sorry to hear about your dilemma....hope it works out for you

Koop

Alright, Malibu came through! :yahoo: I am getting my original color combination! All it takes is a call from the factory to explain everything that is going on and all is good! Thanks again to Adam McCall and Adam Perez and the rest of the Malibu boys! You to Gibby! ;) I am so stoked (Wheelhouse speak)

New spray date though, May 2nd. I have been told it should be at me dealer by the third week of May. Thanks again Malibu and crew! :thumbup:

Edited by Malibuzer

Alright, Malibu came through! :yahoo: I am getting my original color combination! All it takes is a call from the factory to explain everything that is going on and all is good! Thanks again to Adam McCall and Adam Perez and the rest of the Malibu boys! You to Gibby! ;) I am so stoked (Wheelhouse speak)

New spray date though, May 2nd. I have been told it should be at me dealer by the third week of May. Thanks again Malibu and crew! :thumbup:

Good to hear Trent. I think you boat should be called "The Creamsicle" or to man it up a little "The Sicle" Is your orange the same is Stevo's from last year? I was going to suggest mostly black with some vapor blue!

post-4887-069692600 1303390721_thumb.jpg

Edited by old skool malibu

Good to hear Trent. I think you boat should be called "The Creamsicle" or to man it up a little "The Sicle" Is your orange the same is Stevo's from last year? I was going to suggest mostly black with some vapor blue!

It is going to be similar to Steve's boat. Bu the metal flake is a bit larger from what I understand.Maybe next year I do black and vapor blue!

post-5478-063098300 1303395759_thumb.jpg

It is going to be similar to Steve's boat. Bu the metal flake is a bit larger from what I understand.Maybe next year I do black and vapor blue!

Like it but black on the bottom as well. Your pictures dont truly do your boat any justice. It does look like a Creamsicle in the picture but that Atomic Orange in person is killer. Its one of those colors you need to see in person. Glad Adam came through for you. Perhaps next year a Axis? Wait next year, you u planning on flipping each year now? Crazy fool! Or rich fool!