Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Boat Rules

TrickyNicky

Listen to the captain

If the boats moving you should be sitting (mostly for the kids who are wearing vests)

No messy food or heavily dyed drinks

No shoes

If she puts sealer on over her polish it won't do that. My wife used to do the same.

I just instituted a new one recently: No nail polish! My wife dragged her foot across one of the seats and got a good streak of nail polish. Luckily, I saw it and immediately pulled out the Babe's Seat Soap. It took some elbow grease, but it did come off. I hate to think what would have happened if it got baked in from the sun!

I also do not allow any shoes to be worn in the boat, no spray sunscreen, no smoking, and if snacks are needed (little ones), they are to be consumed on the swim deck. I don't like to have rules, but I like even less a mess that I have to clean up!

I don't really have rules, the company you bring should be able to enjoy themselves. Just no shoes and no trashing the boat.........good to go :biggrin:

When it comes to riding and skiing, everyone needs to look out for the rider and make sure the flag is up when a rider is down.

Our 'rules' are just about the same :thumbup:

I just instituted a new one recently: No nail polish! My wife dragged her foot across one of the seats and got a good streak of nail polish. Luckily, I saw it and immediately pulled out the Babe's Seat Soap. It took some elbow grease, but it did come off. I hate to think what would have happened if it got baked in from the sun!

I also do not allow any shoes to be worn in the boat, no spray sunscreen, no smoking, and if snacks are needed (little ones), they are to be consumed on the swim deck. I don't like to have rules, but I like even less a mess that I have to clean up!

I seriously doubt it would have gotten any worse in the sun... It's happened to me several times. Not high on my "Big Deal" scale..

I don't really state any rules to people on my boat. Usually if someone does something they aren't suppose to do, someone else usually lets them know. People are pretty good about being respectful of the boat and usually ask what they can do to help. I don't ask ofr gas money since some people ride and some people just sit on the boat and never want a tow. I find that some people will offer gas money which I will happily except though I never take more than 30 dollars, those are the people I invite back the most often.

If people are rude, ungrateful, or disrepectful I don't say anything, I just don't invite them again.

The nicest part about having guests on your boat is that when you don't want to tow anyone anymore you can make up any excuse in the world a to why and people usually will believe it. I have said there are too many other boats on the water, the oil pressure is too low, too much drag coming from the copular (ya I can make stuff up and people buy it). Sometimes after a couple hours of towing I just want to relax.

I don't really state any rules to people on my boat. Usually if someone does something they aren't suppose to do, someone else usually lets them know. People are pretty good about being respectful of the boat and usually ask what they can do to help. I don't ask ofr gas money since some people ride and some people just sit on the boat and never want a tow. I find that some people will offer gas money which I will happily except though I never take more than 30 dollars, those are the people I invite back the most often.

If people are rude, ungrateful, or disrepectful I don't say anything, I just don't invite them again.

The nicest part about having guests on your boat is that when you don't want to tow anyone anymore you can make up any excuse in the world a to why and people usually will believe it. I have said there are too many other boats on the water, the oil pressure is too low, too much drag coming from the copular (ya I can make stuff up and people buy it). Sometimes after a couple hours of towing I just want to relax.

ROFL.gif Oh thats good. Not a bad idea. We go out form the cottage, so I don't mind towing all day. I love to be on the water and am still never on it for more than 3-4hrs at a time.

Hey, I'm southern born and raised and am happy to be back home again. I just lived in Minnesota for 20 years and picked up the 'pop', 'ufda' and 'don't cha knooow' thing from my Mom's side of the family. Also, I have a 'boooat', not a 'boat'.

BTW, the toenail polishn thing is an issue on my boat. I have the skid marks here and there and she denies that it's toenail polish. However, when I point out the color of the scratch on the vinyl is the same as on her toenails, that's when the issues start.

If you are a regular:

1. No shoes on the boat.

2. Pay for gas when you can. Don't worry about it when you can't. I trust you.

3. Help out when you can (ballast, wipe down, occasional detailing, etc)

4. Pay a-freaking-ttention when/if you are driving. Every time. All of the time. (that is actually #1, but I'm not going to re-order) :)

If you are a guest:

1. No shoes on the boat

2. Enjoy yourself

• 2 weeks later...

If she puts sealer on over her polish it won't do that. My wife used to do the same.

Will that definitely work? I have never had that happen from mine but I only have it on my toes as I have not had the nice finger nails in years. However, some of my girl friends finger nail polish does it. I would rather suggest that they could keep their manicures longer if they seal them rather than say no polish on the boat. I am able to get it off the vinyl with one of those white Mr. clean sponges.

This is a funny thread and I am bored at work so I will participate. Dont correct my spelling it...it will help me learn.

1. Dont slide your sand covered cooler over my pollished boat gunnel.

2. Do bring drinks and have fun.

3. Dont wear you shoes or use my boat as an entry rug.

4. Dont step on the seats if at all possible. (That exposed tread and small rip in in the corner is from you last time)

5. Dont Drop boards or skis on the vinyl so as to split it apart.

6. Please use the flag in your hand appropriately.

7. Dont stare at the Po Po or make any gestures.

8. Do pretend like the Po Po is not even there.

9. Keep your beer down and dont yell about how much fun you are having around the Po Po

10. Sit in a designated spot not on the gunnel. I dont like to explain why you were there to the Po Po.

11. Try to pay for gas if you can....No ones asking for it but the tank didnt fill itself.

12. As the rest of the males stated. Top are always optional. Each boob is worth one tank fill.

13. cant think of any more.

14. Food is ok if you are a trained eater.