Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Use boat buying...your take?

martho

... Surprisingly though , I was talking to the guy who owns New England CC this past Spring and he said the 196 is by far his best seller.  ...

Did he mention how many, if any, of these were to the promo guys?

Me personally, I prefer a closed bow. I wonder if anyone has done a reverse mod and made an open bow closed? Surprised.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martho

• NorCaliBu

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... Surprisingly though , I was talking to the guy who owns New England CC this past Spring and he said the 196 is by far his best seller.  ...

Did he mention how many, if any, of these were to the promo guys?

Me personally, I prefer a closed bow. I wonder if anyone has done a reverse mod and made an open bow closed? Surprised.gif

No, he didn't. They have a new, really nice facility, but they no longer are just exclusively a CC dealer/distributor. They have another line that they sell and he's a Maloon.

I think there is definitely something to the "sleekness" of the CB. Though I don't find the OB objectionable in any way. We use ours a few times a season. When we do, I'm really glad that it's there. RLXi has gobs more room with the walkthrough. If I could just find the right opportunity to have the wife sit in one. . .

Jack, you got a good looking boat, except the time you posted those pics of it with your girl friend on the back. I'd repost it for you, but I lost the pic.

I think there is definitely something to the "sleekness" of the CB. Though I don't find the OB objectionable in any way. We use ours a few times a season. When we do, I'm really glad that it's there. RLXi has gobs more room with the walkthrough. If I could just find the right opportunity to have the wife sit in one. . .

Jack, you got a good looking boat, except the time you posted those pics of it with your girl friend on the back. I'd repost it for you, but I lost the pic.

Lost the pic? It probably sank to the bottom of your hard drive.

Mad.gif

you just need to look at the marketing of Bu CC and MC as to why the prices are different in regard to OB vs CB.

Bu push heavily as family boats, we all know that, therefore in my opinion thats why OB bu's sell better than CB. on the other hand CC and MB push themselves more as tourney boats, more than bu, and tourney skiers dont want or need OB in most cases. If i ever brought a MC or CC i wouldnt get an open bow... 196 or 190

(sorry i said if i ever brought a MC or CC) :blush: