Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

high altitude prop

bennekm

Sometimes we do race to the glass...the have to go thru two lakes to get to the lake we board on with 1 long no wake channel. Going afterwork sometimes its a challenge to get there in time. Plus there are a ton on go fast boats on the lake and if you go too slow you'll get ran over. And every once in a while I like to show em who's actually the boss up on a smaller lake....I'm 1/2 way across the lake before they even plane out...at least I was. :(

You have the Monsoon correct? If so about 36-38 is the best you will muster with a high altitude prop on there before hitting the rev limiter.

Sometimes we do race to the glass...the have to go thru two lakes to get to the lake we board on with 1 long no wake channel. Going afterwork sometimes its a challenge to get there in time. Plus there are a ton on go fast boats on the lake and if you go too slow you'll get ran over. And every once in a while I like to show em who's actually the boss up on a smaller lake....I'm 1/2 way across the lake before they even plane out...at least I was. :(

Maybe swap out to a slightly less aggressive prop. IT's kind of a balancing act.

Sorry your lakes are so crowded. Our lake gets crowded on the weekends too, but it doesn't sound like its nearly as bad as yours. Even w/ the 537 our WS wouldn't many races on the water. Even when full, our lake has a lot of shoals and shallow areas which make it dangerous to run all over the lake at WOT looking for glass. And were talking about the biggest man made lake east of the Miss. River (70,000 + acres of water). So we just stay in a couple of areas that we like and swim/relax until the tubers decide to leave. Even w/ the 475 the Monsoon 340 struggles a little when we put an extra 400# on either side of the engine. I can't imagine how bad it would be with the 537.

Mine got plenty of tests over the weekend. My top end is about 40 on flat water. Not bad, and I don't really need more.

The same is true for my LSV. And I agree, I don't really need any more.