Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf

reagr

Anyone riding the CWB Tsunami boards? I love the graphics. I'll be new to wakesurfing. I'll end up with power wedge, 750lbs ballast surf side, 400lbs center ballast. Any other board recommendations would be cool to. Looking for something a little bit more than a beginner board. Seems like everyone gets bored fast with beginner boards.

I just bought a IS Swallow tail. Its a little more responsive than the Blue Lake and is surf style. I had it set up with 4 big fins and it had a little too much drive. I think next time I take it out I'll drop 2 center fins to loosen it up a bit. I love the board and the graphics are classic. I hang it on my office :surfing: wall when its not in use.

travlnmannn, while it a little bit more than your basic beginner board like the Ride or Broadcast, it is still a compression molded board. How the board is made makes a huge difference in the performance of the board. But i have seen some guys progress alright on the tsunami. for a compression molded skim board its not terrible. For $450 you can get a top of the line skim from Calibrated or for 500-550 you can get an Inland Surfer skim. Im a big fan of the calibrated myself, faster than the inland skims, cheaper, and hand build in california.

I still hav eyet to try a Phase 5. I know they seem to be really popular

travlnmannn, while it a little bit more than your basic beginner board like the Ride or Broadcast, it is still a compression molded board. How the board is made makes a huge difference in the performance of the board. But i have seen some guys progress alright on the tsunami. for a compression molded skim board its not terrible. For $450 you can get a top of the line skim from Calibrated or for 500-550 you can get an Inland Surfer skim. Im a big fan of the calibrated myself, faster than the inland skims, cheaper, and hand build in california.

I still hav eyet to try a Phase 5. I know they seem to be really popular

That helps somewhat. Not too concerned where the boards are made. Just more concerned that the board serves my purpose. I believe with my wakeboarding I can skip the beginner board and just fight through the learning curve. Thanks again that does help.

Interesting thread about Calibrated Wakesurf boards http://forums.wakeboardingmag.com/showthread.php?p=2191

Edited by travlnmannn
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone riding the CWB Tsunami boards? I love the graphics. I'll be new to wakesurfing. I'll end up with power wedge, 750lbs ballast surf side, 400lbs center ballast. Any other board recommendations would be cool to. Looking for something a little bit more than a beginner board. Seems like everyone gets bored fast with beginner boards.

How do you like that ballast set up for surfing? I am going for the same set up on my 2010 Vride and was wondering if I will need to go with anymore as I will be a first time surfer as well.

Edited by 98buphon

How do you like that ballast set up for surfing? I am going for the same set up on my 2010 Vride and was wondering if I will need to go with anymore as I will be a first time surfer as well.

Riding that setup this weekend. I'll PM you if all goes well with it.