Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sport Survey

FIC

That's weird.

I was in the mall posting that and my computer locked up when I hit "post".

Sometimes there will be somebody in the food court sucking up all the bandwidth and my computer delays for a long time. I hit the "refresh" button but, the screen was still blank so, I re-opened the crew in a new browser tab. Oh well, that's what happened.

That's weird.

I was in the mall posting that and my computer locked up when I hit "post".

Sometimes there will be somebody in the food court sucking up all the bandwidth and my computer delays for a long time. I hit the "refresh" button but, the screen was still blank so, I re-opened the crew in a new browser tab. Oh well, that's what happened.

I just figured you knew I was hard of hearing and had to repeat yourself. :)

It is a lot of fun..... on a lot of different levels. Kids & grannys love it because it's low impact & easy to pull. 20 something yr old guys like it because it can be extreme. Everyone likes it because it can be done in choppier water than other disciplines. The thrill of flying the foil for the first time is second to nothing else. Everyone loves it & gets instantly hooked. And learning to jump or flip is a blast.

Oh yea, I like it because it's about the only way a 44 yr old with a beer gut is gonna show up the younger guys. :yahoo:

They do break down, but no where near as small & lightweight as a ski or board of any kind. The foil assembly pulls out of the seat/board assembly. The size & weight of the thing (30 - 40 lbs) is definitely a trade off.

One of my boarder friends has been riding a SkySki for a little less than a year now. Last week he landed his first wake back roll. He's like 35 yrs old. And he's never landed any inverts on a board. His learning curve was a bit accelerated because of his own experience boarding & the 2 or 3 of us he hangs out with who have already been riding a while. But it's not unusual.

A $500 foil is really really low. Probably a little banged up, sun bleached, maybe really old technology. I would suggest planning on spending about $1000 to get into it. And wouldn't be surprised to see you upgrading before your 2nd or 3rd year.

Several of us will be at the WOW at Oroville in June. We'd love to show you more. Or if you PM me, I might be able to help you find a local rider in your area.

I live in So. Calif, and I just bought an old air chair. I have never tried one, but I would like to be able to use one. Any pointers you can give me to get up on one would be appreciated. If there are any riders in my area of Ventura County, Cal. that you know could be able to educate me would also be helpful. I am excited to try it. I have several grand kids that also want to try it. I need to get educated so I can teach them the right way. Steve [email protected]

65% slalom

5% wakeboard

30% cruising

I love my trips to the Sacramento/San Joaquin (sp) Delta and the Willamette River which are mainly cruising and floating.

Hanging out under the Bimini Top and watching the local boys do their stuff.

I just like the feel of being on the water.

I live in So. Calif, and I just bought an old air chair. I have never tried one, but I would like to be able to use one. Any pointers you can give me to get up on one would be appreciated. If there are any riders in my area of Ventura County, Cal. that you know could be able to educate me would also be helpful. I am excited to try it. I have several grand kids that also want to try it. I need to get educated so I can teach them the right way. Steve [email protected]

Sent you an email, Steve.

30% slalom, 30% wakeboarding, 30% surfing , and 10% goofing off!

Actually If I think about it it is more like 95% driving the kids around and the other 5% would be broke down as described above!!