Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

slammed boats

MARiley

For those not familiar with Canadian ballast-

Thats where you purposely take water over the bow until the ski locker is full - another kewl kanuk idea.

Thats where you purposely take water over the bow until the ski locker is full - another kewl kanuk idea.

Didn't know you were Canadian...Dontknow.gif

We are further north than you ya know - LOL

I try to be quite wordly in my creative ballast attempts.

I prefer the 150 qt cooler full of beer method though

We are further north than you ya know - LOL

I try to be quite wordly in my creative ballast attempts.

I prefer the 150 qt cooler full of beer method though

The only problem is that you slowly loose ballest or everyone's eyes turn yellow by the end of the day

Edited by RiverRunner
  • 7 years later...

Is it normal for the bu to nose dive when you shut off the throttle? Scared me the firstbtimenout' not used to how the nose suddenly comes down, thought maybe somethings wrong

We've been known to load our LSV creatively.

I know that unless we have sufficient VAB astern, if we come to an abrubt stop we can take on a little extra "Canadian ballast".

gallery_153_3_74777.jpg

This is the new background on my PC... best pic ever. I cant wait for SUMMER!!!

Is it normal for the bu to nose dive when you shut off the throttle? Scared me the firstbtimenout' not used to how the nose suddenly comes down, thought maybe somethings wrong

Yes, normal, even for an inboard that is not overloaded. you will learn how to manage this. Search for threads on power turns, can't /shouldn't drive it like an I/O

We've been known to load our LSV creatively.

I know that unless we have sufficient VAB astern, if we come to an abrubt stop we can take on a little extra "Canadian ballast".

gallery_153_3_74777.jpg

I love this pic too!! You have this Canucks approval. It really is amazing how someone sitting on the side bench vs on the gunnel vs leaning off the side hanging on the tower COMPLETELY changes the wake.

My personal favourite is when I'm teaching off the back platform/sunpad and they throw the handle, I connect the 5 ft loop to the ski pylon and put my arm through the handle and lean off the boat onto it. So the handle supports my shoulder and gives me a type of back rest as I hang off the side of the boat giving tips. I'm sitting when I do this and it's very comfortable and effective.

I think the guys from Texas who have disappeared from here over the years had some kind of sling they designed.

I still have a sling hanging in the storage on the dock. PoPo didn't like the sling. Had to watch those wakeboard rack fingers too. That pic was from one of the Texas WOW's.

We had full stock Ballast, a 750Lb in rear an extra 250 in front, and a 400lb on floor with 7 people, Let me tell you very hard to maneuver, and really did not improve the wake that much, 223615_278946445454763_4847160_n_zps62fc

Wondering if you guys are born this way or you've actually seen this video before. It's from 2001.

http://youtu.be/cgO1FEVJ-84

Or any boat for that matter.

-Bill

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

We need more pics, I'm remembering a slammed x-star and sanger I've seen in the past. Always cool to see how far some people will go. I remember being nearly hazed on the nautique forum for stating there was no question that I would sac out the g-23 when I got mine. It's nice to see other people out there that go further than me. Gives me validation you know :D